Good Samaritan Holds Stranger’s Baby for Entire Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With all the bad news in the world these days, it’s nice to take a break and focus on the positive every once in a while. Especially when our fellow travelers are helping to make the world a better place. Mackenzie Murphy recently shared the incredible story of a female flyer who saved the day for a complete stranger on the Love What Matters Facebook page, an inspiring act of kindness that took place in the most unlikely place — on an airplane.
When a woman boarded her flight with her twin babies, the flight was too full to fit her car seat, meaning she would have to hold her little ones in her arms during the 45-minute flight. When she got to her seat, though, a flight attendant said she would not be allowed to hold both babies all by herself and would have to leave the aircraft.
After overhearing the exchange, another mother sitting nearby immediately sprung into action, offering to hold one of the woman’s babies for the entirety of the flight, eventually feeding and burping him without complaint, even when the plane spent 2.5 hours sitting on the tarmac. When this Good Samaritan’s own daughter started to cry, she calmly explained to her how important it is to help others when they need it.
Moral of the story? It never hurts to show a little kindness — you never know who you may end up affecting for the better. You can view the full story, below.
Moral of the story? It never hurts to show a little kindness — you never know who you may end up affecting for the better.
Have you ever witnessed a random act of kindness on a plane? Tell us about it, below.
H/T: Refinery 29
Featured image courtesy of TK.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.