Good Samaritan Holds Stranger’s Baby for Entire Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With all the bad news in the world these days, it’s nice to take a break and focus on the positive every once in a while. Especially when our fellow travelers are helping to make the world a better place. Mackenzie Murphy recently shared the incredible story of a female flyer who saved the day for a complete stranger on the Love What Matters Facebook page, an inspiring act of kindness that took place in the most unlikely place — on an airplane.
When a woman boarded her flight with her twin babies, the flight was too full to fit her car seat, meaning she would have to hold her little ones in her arms during the 45-minute flight. When she got to her seat, though, a flight attendant said she would not be allowed to hold both babies all by herself and would have to leave the aircraft.
After overhearing the exchange, another mother sitting nearby immediately sprung into action, offering to hold one of the woman’s babies for the entirety of the flight, eventually feeding and burping him without complaint, even when the plane spent 2.5 hours sitting on the tarmac. When this Good Samaritan’s own daughter started to cry, she calmly explained to her how important it is to help others when they need it.
Moral of the story? It never hurts to show a little kindness — you never know who you may end up affecting for the better. You can view the full story, below.
Moral of the story? It never hurts to show a little kindness — you never know who you may end up affecting for the better.
Have you ever witnessed a random act of kindness on a plane? Tell us about it, below.
H/T: Refinery 29
Featured image courtesy of TK.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees