Just a Week Left to Earn up to 35k Starpoints With the Starwood Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here.
Since mid-February, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express have been offering elevated welcome offers. Instead of the standard 25,000-point offer, the personal and business cards are currently running bonuses that can net you up to 35,000 Starpoints. You only have a week left to apply before the elevated offer expires, though.
With the personal Starwood Amex, you’ll earn 25,000 Starpoints when you spend $3,000 in the first three months and an extra 10,000 points when you spend an additional $2,000 in the first six months. With the business card, you’ll get 25,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months, and another 10,000 points after spending an additional $3,000 in the first six months. Both cards have a $95 annual fee that’s waived the first year, and neither charges foreign transaction fees. Plus, you’ll earn 2x points on Marriott and Starwood purchases and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
Based on TPG’s valuations, 35,000 Starpoints are worth $945, and the extra 10,000 points you’ll earn over the standard welcome bonus are worth $270. And there are plenty of great ways to redeem Starpoints, from using them to book an award stay at an SPG (or Marriott) hotel to transferring them to one of 35 airline partners to locking in a VIP experience through SPG Moments.
The Starwood Amex and the Starwood business Amex could also make sense if you’re working toward SPG elite status, since each gives you 2 stay and 5 night credits toward the status requirements. Plus, now that Marriott has acquired Starwood, once you earn status in one hotel program, you can match it to the other.
Starpoints are the most valuable loyalty currency according to TPG’s latest calculations, and these welcome offers can get you 10,000 points more than the standard credit card bonus. Now’s a great time to apply if you’re interested in either the personal or business version — make sure to do so by April 5 to be eligible for the 35k offer!
Are you planning to apply for either of these cards to earn the elevated bonus?
Featured image courtesy of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.