Just a Week Left to Earn up to 35k Starpoints With the Starwood Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here.
Since mid-February, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express have been offering elevated welcome offers. Instead of the standard 25,000-point offer, the personal and business cards are currently running bonuses that can net you up to 35,000 Starpoints. You only have a week left to apply before the elevated offer expires, though.
With the personal Starwood Amex, you’ll earn 25,000 Starpoints when you spend $3,000 in the first three months and an extra 10,000 points when you spend an additional $2,000 in the first six months. With the business card, you’ll get 25,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months, and another 10,000 points after spending an additional $3,000 in the first six months. Both cards have a $95 annual fee that’s waived the first year, and neither charges foreign transaction fees. Plus, you’ll earn 2x points on Marriott and Starwood purchases and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
Based on TPG’s valuations, 35,000 Starpoints are worth $945, and the extra 10,000 points you’ll earn over the standard welcome bonus are worth $270. And there are plenty of great ways to redeem Starpoints, from using them to book an award stay at an SPG (or Marriott) hotel to transferring them to one of 35 airline partners to locking in a VIP experience through SPG Moments.
The Starwood Amex and the Starwood business Amex could also make sense if you’re working toward SPG elite status, since each gives you 2 stay and 5 night credits toward the status requirements. Plus, now that Marriott has acquired Starwood, once you earn status in one hotel program, you can match it to the other.
Starpoints are the most valuable loyalty currency according to TPG’s latest calculations, and these welcome offers can get you 10,000 points more than the standard credit card bonus. Now’s a great time to apply if you’re interested in either the personal or business version — make sure to do so by April 5 to be eligible for the 35k offer!
Are you planning to apply for either of these cards to earn the elevated bonus?
Featured image courtesy of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees