TripIt’s New “Go Now” Feature Tells You Exactly When to Leave for the Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a delicate science to arriving at the airport at just the right time: get there too late, and you risk missing your flight and dealing with the headache of rebooking; get there too early and you risk ordering too many martinis at the airport lounge.
Leave it to the folks at TripIt to come up with the perfect solution. Last week, the popular app — which endeavors to organize all of your travel documents and itineraries in one place — announced “Go Now,” a new feature that will alert travelers to the best time to leave for the airport based on their location, current traffic conditions and flight status.
The new feature is available to TripIt Pro users (who pay a $49 annual fee), and as of this writing, only works for domestic flights within the US. The “Go Now” feature starts working 24 hours before your trip and essentially turns your phone into a mobile memo, issuing reminders and creating a “countdown clock” two hours before go-time that shows you just how much time you have to hop in the car — you’ll even get a 10-minute warning push notification to remind you when it’s almost time to leave. Now if you could only remember where you parked…
Featured image courtesy of TommL via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.