This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a delicate science to arriving at the airport at just the right time: get there too late, and you risk missing your flight and dealing with the headache of rebooking; get there too early and you risk ordering too many martinis at the airport lounge.
Leave it to the folks at TripIt to come up with the perfect solution. Last week, the popular app — which endeavors to organize all of your travel documents and itineraries in one place — announced “Go Now,” a new feature that will alert travelers to the best time to leave for the airport based on their location, current traffic conditions and flight status.
The new feature is available to TripIt Pro users (who pay a $49 annual fee), and as of this writing, only works for domestic flights within the US. The “Go Now” feature starts working 24 hours before your trip and essentially turns your phone into a mobile memo, issuing reminders and creating a “countdown clock” two hours before go-time that shows you just how much time you have to hop in the car — you’ll even get a 10-minute warning push notification to remind you when it’s almost time to leave. Now if you could only remember where you parked…
Featured image courtesy of TommL via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees