This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a delicate science to arriving at the airport at just the right time: get there too late, and you risk missing your flight and dealing with the headache of rebooking; get there too early and you risk ordering too many martinis at the airport lounge.
Leave it to the folks at TripIt to come up with the perfect solution. Last week, the popular app — which endeavors to organize all of your travel documents and itineraries in one place — announced “Go Now,” a new feature that will alert travelers to the best time to leave for the airport based on their location, current traffic conditions and flight status.
The new feature is available to TripIt Pro users (who pay a $49 annual fee), and as of this writing, only works for domestic flights within the US. The “Go Now” feature starts working 24 hours before your trip and essentially turns your phone into a mobile memo, issuing reminders and creating a “countdown clock” two hours before go-time that shows you just how much time you have to hop in the car — you’ll even get a 10-minute warning push notification to remind you when it’s almost time to leave. Now if you could only remember where you parked…
Featured image courtesy of TommL via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards