Watch This Train Pass Straight Through an Apartment Building in China
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the Chinese city of Chongqing, 49 million people share a space of about 31,000 square miles, a fact that’s forced residents to get really creative in terms of making room for new developments. When a light railway needed to be built and an apartment building was blocking its path, city planners came up with an extremely innovative idea: to keep from tearing the structure down so the tracks could be set up, they chose to have the train pass straight through floors six to eight.
The train, which is supposedly only as loud as a dishwasher, stops within the building, allowing the building’s residents to hop on at the Liziba station just a few steps from their front doors — is anyone else completely jealous of this commute? Check out the video below for a closer look.
Featured image courtesy of VCG/VCG via Getty Images.
H/T: Refinery 29
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.