Swale’s “Floating Food Forest” Will Be Back in NYC This Spring
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last summer, a 130-foot by 40-foot floating garden was docked off the coast of Brooklyn (and later, the Bronx), allowing city dwellers to hop aboard, pick and sample fresh produce — for free. Starting this spring, The Bronx Museum, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Hudson River Park Trust and the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation, among other NYC organizations are partnering up to host the Swale “Floating Food Forest” for a second year, billing it as “a collaborative floating food project dedicated to rethinking and challenging New York City’s connection to our environment.”
Swale is also working with British cider company Strongbow so folks will be able to pick some produce from any of its eight new apple trees. The barge will also be decked out with more than 400 edible plants — guests can find everything from fresh kale and asparagus to raspberries — as well as other park-like features like new soil, gravel, and lava rocks. Visit the floating oasis starting this spring, although the exact date and location have yet to be announced as of this writing.
H/T: Food and Wine
Featured image courtesy of Swale.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.