This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last summer, a 130-foot by 40-foot floating garden was docked off the coast of Brooklyn (and later, the Bronx), allowing city dwellers to hop aboard, pick and sample fresh produce — for free. Starting this spring, The Bronx Museum, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Hudson River Park Trust and the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation, among other NYC organizations are partnering up to host the Swale “Floating Food Forest” for a second year, billing it as “a collaborative floating food project dedicated to rethinking and challenging New York City’s connection to our environment.”
Swale is also working with British cider company Strongbow so folks will be able to pick some produce from any of its eight new apple trees. The barge will also be decked out with more than 400 edible plants — guests can find everything from fresh kale and asparagus to raspberries — as well as other park-like features like new soil, gravel, and lava rocks. Visit the floating oasis starting this spring, although the exact date and location have yet to be announced as of this writing.
H/T: Food and Wine
Featured image courtesy of Swale.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards