Swale’s “Floating Food Forest” Will Be Back in NYC This Spring
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last summer, a 130-foot by 40-foot floating garden was docked off the coast of Brooklyn (and later, the Bronx), allowing city dwellers to hop aboard, pick and sample fresh produce — for free. Starting this spring, The Bronx Museum, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Hudson River Park Trust and the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation, among other NYC organizations are partnering up to host the Swale “Floating Food Forest” for a second year, billing it as “a collaborative floating food project dedicated to rethinking and challenging New York City’s connection to our environment.”
Swale is also working with British cider company Strongbow so folks will be able to pick some produce from any of its eight new apple trees. The barge will also be decked out with more than 400 edible plants — guests can find everything from fresh kale and asparagus to raspberries — as well as other park-like features like new soil, gravel, and lava rocks. Visit the floating oasis starting this spring, although the exact date and location have yet to be announced as of this writing.
H/T: Food and Wine
Featured image courtesy of Swale.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees