Join the TPG Team: Now Hiring Interns for the Summer Points Protégé Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yes, it is still winter, technically. But if you’re anything like us, you’re probably already planning your summer. Here at TPG, that includes hiring new interns for our Summer Points Protégé program. This is no ordinary go-fetch-us-coffee assignment; our protégés last year traveled way farther than Starbucks for us (ever been to Marrakesh, Belgrade or Dakar?). And many have gone on to become full-time staffers — let’s see, there’s Emily, Nick, Wallace…
Now we’re looking to fill four positions starting in May, across three departments: editorial, social media and marketing. If you’re interested in joining the team, you’ll need to apply through the links below. Below, a rundown of some of the perks of the gig:
- We pay interns well — $20/hour and expect a (flexible) 40-hour week from staffers.
- We treat interns like entry-level employees, not underlings.
- We will soon be located in a large new headquarters in Manhattan.
- We share an open, collaborative office space — no cubicles.
- We’re dog-friendly — TPG mascots Hootie and Miles come to work several days a week.
- And, of course, there’s that travel I mentioned already.
Note that all summer Points Protégés must be based in New York. Candidates should be entering their junior or senior year of college. For more details, read below or click on the links, which will take you to the application page:
Editorial interns will monitor news, research travel-related topics and write daily news posts for the site — quick turnaround time often required. The intern also helps produce posts in WordPress (knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated) and works alongside the social media team to review and respond to reader comments. Requirements: experience writing/editing for a college news website or other magazine/newspaper/site, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The marketing intern will assist in the development and implementation of all TPG events, branded partnerships, press strategy, TPG personal appearances and non-profit initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Communications, the role also reports into the Director of Marketing and Compliance and will assist with daily activities as required by the department. Time commitment: minimum 15 (up to 40) hours per week with flexible hours from our NYC office.
For this internship, the primary focus will be rebooting our Pinterest account: performing competitive audits, gathering industry best practices, suggesting creative direction, compiling existing assets, assigning KPIs and relevant analytics tracking, and developing overall strategy. Yes, you must work from our NYC office.
We’ll be making our hiring decisions later this month, so apply now or send this post to someone you know who might fit the bill. I look forward to seeing some of you in the new office.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.