Join the TPG Team: Now Hiring Interns for the Summer Points Protégé Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yes, it is still winter, technically. But if you’re anything like us, you’re probably already planning your summer. Here at TPG, that includes hiring new interns for our Summer Points Protégé program. This is no ordinary go-fetch-us-coffee assignment; our protégés last year traveled way farther than Starbucks for us (ever been to Marrakesh, Belgrade or Dakar?). And many have gone on to become full-time staffers — let’s see, there’s Emily, Nick, Wallace…
Now we’re looking to fill four positions starting in May, across three departments: editorial, social media and marketing. If you’re interested in joining the team, you’ll need to apply through the links below. Below, a rundown of some of the perks of the gig:
- We pay interns well — $20/hour and expect a (flexible) 40-hour week from staffers.
- We treat interns like entry-level employees, not underlings.
- We will soon be located in a large new headquarters in Manhattan.
- We share an open, collaborative office space — no cubicles.
- We’re dog-friendly — TPG mascots Hootie and Miles come to work several days a week.
- And, of course, there’s that travel I mentioned already.
Note that all summer Points Protégés must be based in New York. Candidates should be entering their junior or senior year of college. For more details, read below or click on the links, which will take you to the application page:
Editorial interns will monitor news, research travel-related topics and write daily news posts for the site — quick turnaround time often required. The intern also helps produce posts in WordPress (knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated) and works alongside the social media team to review and respond to reader comments. Requirements: experience writing/editing for a college news website or other magazine/newspaper/site, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The marketing intern will assist in the development and implementation of all TPG events, branded partnerships, press strategy, TPG personal appearances and non-profit initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Communications, the role also reports into the Director of Marketing and Compliance and will assist with daily activities as required by the department. Time commitment: minimum 15 (up to 40) hours per week with flexible hours from our NYC office.
For this internship, the primary focus will be rebooting our Pinterest account: performing competitive audits, gathering industry best practices, suggesting creative direction, compiling existing assets, assigning KPIs and relevant analytics tracking, and developing overall strategy. Yes, you must work from our NYC office.
We’ll be making our hiring decisions later this month, so apply now or send this post to someone you know who might fit the bill. I look forward to seeing some of you in the new office.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees