This Travel Bag Will Clean Your Clothes for You
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From belts that loosen when you’ve eaten too much to trays that detect just how fresh your eggs are, the “smart” revolution has crept into seemingly every corner of the universe — and not always with much of a practical purpose. But one new item that’s intriguing us is Paqsule, a duffel bag that supposedly works like a mobile washing machine.
The bag, which made its debut on Kickstarter last week and managed to reach its funding goal of $25,000 just one day later (they’ve since raised more than $47,657 and still have 28 days to go) is as useful for a weekend getaway as it is for a quick trip to the gym. With the click of a button — either on the bag itself or via your smartphone — its internal mechanism enacts a cleaning system that will sanitize, deodorize and kill the bacteria on any item you place inside it, keeping both you — and your belongings — smelling fresh and clean. Best of all: it’s chemical-free, since Paqsule’s proprietary process utilizes both ultra-violet light and activated oxygen (03) to make the process happen. It’s also equipped with a cell phone battery charging station, putting everything you’ll need for your next trip right at your fingertips (literally). The bag’s app will also alert you to when your “Fresh Cycle” is complete, meaning all you have to do is get your clothes dirty.
The bag, which retails for $279, is available for purchase now with a Kickstarter donation and shipping is expected to roll out this summer between June and August. You’ve held out this long with your trusty old backpack; what difference does another few months make?
For more information, check out the video below:
Featured image courtesy of Paqsule.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees