This Travel Bag Will Clean Your Clothes for You
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From belts that loosen when you’ve eaten too much to trays that detect just how fresh your eggs are, the “smart” revolution has crept into seemingly every corner of the universe — and not always with much of a practical purpose. But one new item that’s intriguing us is Paqsule, a duffel bag that supposedly works like a mobile washing machine.
The bag, which made its debut on Kickstarter last week and managed to reach its funding goal of $25,000 just one day later (they’ve since raised more than $47,657 and still have 28 days to go) is as useful for a weekend getaway as it is for a quick trip to the gym. With the click of a button — either on the bag itself or via your smartphone — its internal mechanism enacts a cleaning system that will sanitize, deodorize and kill the bacteria on any item you place inside it, keeping both you — and your belongings — smelling fresh and clean. Best of all: it’s chemical-free, since Paqsule’s proprietary process utilizes both ultra-violet light and activated oxygen (03) to make the process happen. It’s also equipped with a cell phone battery charging station, putting everything you’ll need for your next trip right at your fingertips (literally). The bag’s app will also alert you to when your “Fresh Cycle” is complete, meaning all you have to do is get your clothes dirty.
The bag, which retails for $279, is available for purchase now with a Kickstarter donation and shipping is expected to roll out this summer between June and August. You’ve held out this long with your trusty old backpack; what difference does another few months make?
For more information, check out the video below:
Featured image courtesy of Paqsule.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.