This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After unveiling the world’s largest cruise ship last year, Harmony of the Seas, it seems Royal Caribbean is upping its own game, announcing earlier today that it’s currently building an even larger ship, set to be released in 2018. Symphony of the Seas will be the cruise line’s 26th ship, measuring in at 1,188 feet long and 215.5 feet wide — it’ll weigh a whopping 230,000 gross registered tons, 3,000 more tons than its current record-holder Harmony of the Seas.
Once complete, the 18-deck ship will have 2,775 guest rooms and will be able to carry a total of 6,780 passengers (at double occupancy) — an additional 2,175 members of the crew will also be on board. The vessel will sport many of the same features you’ll find on Harmony of the Seas, including an awesome 10-story water slide, an ice skating rink, the Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, the Bionic Bar — home to the ship’s robotic bartenders — and miniature versions of New York City’s Central Park and the Coney Island Boardwalk. So far, Royal Caribbean has only mentioned 13 dining options, so we’re waiting to hear more on that front, as well as which shows and other entertainment options will be offered.
When the ship is delivered in 2018, it will spend the summer exploring the Mediterranean, stopping in ports like Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Provence, Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples. It will then head across the Atlantic in fall 2018, arriving at the new PortMiami Terminal A, the ship’s home base for its Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries starting November 17, 2018. Royal Caribbean is taking reservations starting today by phone, while online bookings will be available as of March 9, 2017.
Featured Image courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards