Japan Airlines Launches New First Class Amenity Kits and Pajamas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan Airlines offers its luxe lie-flat first class on just one of its aircraft, the Boeing 777-300ER — TPG flew it in 2015 and had a great experience. When you fly first on the 77W, you’ll get not just the lie-flat seat with 33 inches of width in a 1-2-1 configuration and delicious food and service, but each passenger also gets a set of pajamas and an amenity kit filled with luxury products. Today, the Tokyo-based carrier announced that it’s refreshing its pajama and amenity kit offering for first-class passengers on international flights beginning yesterday (March 28).
The new amenity kits are by Porsche Design — German brand that evokes the iconic sports car manufacturer it its products. They come in two different colors — red and gray — and feature a dental kit, earplugs, eye mask, brush, moisture mask, pocket tissue and Porsche Design hand and body cream, facial spray and lip balm. The red kits are for flights coming from Japan, and the gray kits are for flights going to Japan.
The new pajamas are also Porsche Design in a sleek black with gray trim. According to JAL’s press release, the new pajamas will be available for around three months. After that period, it’s not clear if the carrier will revert to the old set of pajamas (gray) or switch to something else.
If you want to test out the new kits, you’ll have to be a first-class passenger on board the airline’s routes between Tokyo (HND and NRT) and New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX) and Paris (CDG).
The old amenity kits were Loewe-branded and featured Shiseido products. With the new kits, the Loewe pouches are going away, but the Shiseido products will continue to be offered.
It’s always good when a carrier makes an effort to improve the experience for its passengers. While it’s not clear if the pajama switch will actually be an improvement, from looks alone, they’re more appealing. The amenity kit is a more modern version than its corduroy predecessor, and its contents seem like they’ll complement the luxurious experience that JAL first class promises to provide.
What do you think of JAL’s new first-class amenity offerings?
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees