China Opens Yet Another Enormous Glass Bridge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Glass bridges and walkways seem to be a big deal in China, with the fear-inducing attractions popping up in multiple locations throughout the country — one of them, which was deemed the longest and highest glass-bottomed bridge in the world at the time, had to close last fall just 13 days after it opened because of the enormous amount of visitors who came to see it.
The newest structure, suspended 1,476 feet in the air on Mount Langya in Hebei, China, opened to visitors last month. The 5,015-square-foot glass walkway, which hovers high over a rocky gorge, leads to a giant circular viewing platform that can hold up to 200 people. Plan ahead for this one though, as it’ll take about three hours to reach between the cable car ride and the 40-minute hike to the top. Check out the video below for a closer look:
Would you be brave enough to walk on this glass-bottomed bridge?
Featured image courtesy of iEagle’s Facebook page.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.