A New Beer Hotel Could Be Coming to Ohio, Complete With Jacuzzis Full of Beer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Suds-loving travelers rejoiced back in the summer of 2014 when Dogfish Head Brewery — the Delaware microbrewery that churns out the beloved 60 Minute IPA — transformed a 16-room motel in Lewes, Delaware, into the Dogfish Inn, one of the world’s first beer-themed hotels. There was just one catch: there was no beer. That certainly won’t be the case at the The DogHouse Craft Beer Hotel, where beer will play an integral role in every part of the hotel’s design, finding its way into spa treatments, your shower and possibly your Jacuzzi tub.
The brainchild of BrewDog, the Scotland-based brewery that’s become known for one of the UK’s most popular craft beers over the past decade, the idea for the hotel came to the brilliant beer-makers after the unveiling of a new brewery in Columbus, Ohio. The DogHouse — which is currently in the midst of a crowdfunding campaign — is the next step in its plan to make the city “The Hoppiest Place on Earth.”
As the hotel’s Indiegogo page states, “This hotel will provide a complete experiential environment in which to truly immerse yourself in the world of craft beer. From waking up to a view of our sour beer foeders and the smell of freshly mashed malt, to hop-infused spa treatments and beer breakfasts — and even amazing craft beer on tap in your bedroom — this hotel will have it all.”
And they’re not kidding: Among the hotel’s planned amenities are three square (beer-infused) meals a day, with beer pairings for each course; malted barley massages and “hoppy feet” pedicures on the spa menu; a beer fridge in your shower, packed full of ice-cold brewskies (pictured below); taps ready to pour a cold glass of Punk IPA at the ready; and beer-themed décor, including a hot tub filled with IPA for soaking (some people swear by beer as a hair treatment).
The crowdfunding campaign launched earlier this month and has already far surpassed its original $75,000 goal (it’s so far raised nearly $195,000 — and counting). We’ll raise a glass to that! Find out more about the hotel and its plans in the video below:
All images courtesy of BrewDog via Indiegogo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.