This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tokyo’s Narita Airport (NRT) unveiled a speedier, completely automated way for you to drop your bags off before departure. The new system, which was introduced on Thursday, will tag your bags before whisking them off to eventually be loaded onto your awaiting aircraft, only to meet you again when you arrive at your final destination.
The new self-check baggage machine at NRT will shorten the amount of time needed to check a bag to a total of about 2-3 minutes. The service is designed for international flight passengers — more specifically, those traveling on Air France, Korean Air and two other carriers in Terminal 1’s North Wing.
— Nippon.com (@nippon_en) March 30, 2017
Automatic baggage drop has been available for domestic flights at Haneda Airport, but this is the first time it’s available for international passengers and at NRT. In addition to the automatic bag drop machine, Narita also launched self-check-in machines for international travelers, which could also be beneficial, especially when traditional check-in lines with an agent are lengthy.
Featured image of Narita Airport courtesy of PNC via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees