Tokyo’s Narita Airport Introduces Self-Service Bag Drop Machine
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tokyo’s Narita Airport (NRT) unveiled a speedier, completely automated way for you to drop your bags off before departure. The new system, which was introduced on Thursday, will tag your bags before whisking them off to eventually be loaded onto your awaiting aircraft, only to meet you again when you arrive at your final destination.
The new self-check baggage machine at NRT will shorten the amount of time needed to check a bag to a total of about 2-3 minutes. The service is designed for international flight passengers — more specifically, those traveling on Air France, Korean Air and two other carriers in Terminal 1’s North Wing.
— Nippon.com (@nippon_en) March 30, 2017
Automatic baggage drop has been available for domestic flights at Haneda Airport, but this is the first time it’s available for international passengers and at NRT. In addition to the automatic bag drop machine, Narita also launched self-check-in machines for international travelers, which could also be beneficial, especially when traditional check-in lines with an agent are lengthy.
Featured image of Narita Airport courtesy of PNC via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.