Marriott’s Teaming Up With PlacePass So Guests Can Book Tours and Activities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier today, Marriott announced it’s invested in PlacePass, a service that specializes in curating activities for travelers, meaning you’ll soon have access to more than 100,000 local experiences in 800 destinations around the world when you book through Marriott.com, SPG.com or within their respective apps. The service lets travelers plan and book experiential tours and experiences when they’re staying at one of Marriott’s 6,000 properties, and since you can reserve activities while you’re booking your stay, it’ll be one less thing to worry about once you get to your destination.
PlacePass’ portfolio offers something for everyone, whether you’re in the mood to explore the filming locations of “Downtown Abbey” on a guided tour of London, wrestle with a retired sumo wrestler in Tokyo or go mountain biking through Cambodia’s iconic temples at sunrise, among other options — just visit PlacePass’ website and search by destination to view all the available options.
Marriott’s Rewards program — which includes the Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG programs — now has more than 100 million members, so the chain sees this investment as something that’ll differentiate itself from others, since it can give guests the complete travel experience, providing everything from accommodations to tours and activities.
Featured image of Siem Reap, Cambodia, courtesy of Paul Biris via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.