Marriott’s Teaming Up With PlacePass So Guests Can Book Tours and Activities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier today, Marriott announced it’s invested in PlacePass, a service that specializes in curating activities for travelers, meaning you’ll soon have access to more than 100,000 local experiences in 800 destinations around the world when you book through Marriott.com, SPG.com or within their respective apps. The service lets travelers plan and book experiential tours and experiences when they’re staying at one of Marriott’s 6,000 properties, and since you can reserve activities while you’re booking your stay, it’ll be one less thing to worry about once you get to your destination.
PlacePass’ portfolio offers something for everyone, whether you’re in the mood to explore the filming locations of “Downtown Abbey” on a guided tour of London, wrestle with a retired sumo wrestler in Tokyo or go mountain biking through Cambodia’s iconic temples at sunrise, among other options — just visit PlacePass’ website and search by destination to view all the available options.
Marriott’s Rewards program — which includes the Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG programs — now has more than 100 million members, so the chain sees this investment as something that’ll differentiate itself from others, since it can give guests the complete travel experience, providing everything from accommodations to tours and activities.
Featured image of Siem Reap, Cambodia, courtesy of Paul Biris via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees