Woman Buys Toddler a Plane Ticket in Amazing Act of Kindness
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While we specialize in making travel a more enjoyable experience by using points and miles, flying itself can often be an exhausting and frustrating experience, whether you’re dealing with long security lines or confusing rules and regulations. According to a recent a recent Facebook post, one man suddenly found himself in a sticky situation when he went to check in for a flight with his two-year-old daughter — but was saved by a Good Samaritan who noticed what was happening.
The man, who had booked his ticket when his daughter was only one year old and therefore allowed to fly for free, was asked by the gate agent how old his daughter was. When he replied that she had just turned two, the agent informed him that his daughter was now old enough to need her own ticket to travel. The Facebook post describes the man as being “heartbroken,” as he was unable to pay for a ticket for his daughter and couldn’t afford to change his own ticket either.
Luckily, one woman, who is rightfully being praised across the internet, overheard the whole thing and after a short talk with the man, approached the gate agent, saying she would pay for the young girl’s ticket instead. After the gate agent informed her that it would cost $749, the internet’s new hero was unfazed. The man hugged her, expressing his gratitude and asking for her address so he could pay her back — she told him not to worry about it.
Last-minute fares are known to be incredibly high and in cases like this, one would hope that the airline — which isn’t named — would give some leeway to an emotional father trying to travel with his young daughter, who’d just turned two in January. If nothing else, hopefully such acts of kindness can inspire others to do the same — and maybe one day airlines will catch on as well.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees