Women Get Free Admission to Italy’s National Museums & Sites on March 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This one’s for any women who are going to be in Italy next week: On Wednesday, March 8, Italy’s national museums and cultural sites are letting ladies in free in honor of International Women’s Day.
According to an article by The Local, Italy’s Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Activities and Tourism wants to “celebrate the feminine world.” In addition to offering women complimentary admission, the museums are also highlighting pieces of art that were inspired by and created by women. At the same time, cultural sites will host special events, talks and exhibitions centered around the female experience. There’s also a massive social media campaign around the event — an epic digital scavenger hunt where visitors can post photos and videos of certain paintings at the museums and share with the hashtag, #8marzoalmuseo.
Participating museums are located in many Italian cities and include Museo Nazionale del Bargello in Florence, Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria in Perugia, Palazzo Reale in Milan and the Pompeii excavation and archaeological site, among others. For a full list of museums and cultural sites that women can visit for free on March 8, click here (and if you’re viewing via Google Chrome, click “translate” at the top of your browser, sine they’re listed in Italian).
Can’t make it this year? Don’t fret — just plan your next trip to Italy for this time next year, as it’s an annual thing.
H/T: The Local
Featured image courtesy of The Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.