Women Get Free Admission to Italy’s National Museums & Sites on March 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This one’s for any women who are going to be in Italy next week: On Wednesday, March 8, Italy’s national museums and cultural sites are letting ladies in free in honor of International Women’s Day.
According to an article by The Local, Italy’s Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Activities and Tourism wants to “celebrate the feminine world.” In addition to offering women complimentary admission, the museums are also highlighting pieces of art that were inspired by and created by women. At the same time, cultural sites will host special events, talks and exhibitions centered around the female experience. There’s also a massive social media campaign around the event — an epic digital scavenger hunt where visitors can post photos and videos of certain paintings at the museums and share with the hashtag, #8marzoalmuseo.
Participating museums are located in many Italian cities and include Museo Nazionale del Bargello in Florence, Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria in Perugia, Palazzo Reale in Milan and the Pompeii excavation and archaeological site, among others. For a full list of museums and cultural sites that women can visit for free on March 8, click here (and if you’re viewing via Google Chrome, click “translate” at the top of your browser, sine they’re listed in Italian).
Can’t make it this year? Don’t fret — just plan your next trip to Italy for this time next year, as it’s an annual thing.
H/T: The Local
Featured image courtesy of The Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees