This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those of you who’d rather venture south to see amazing natural phenomenons, here’s a new one to add to your travel bucket lists: A chartered flight recently completed its first successful flight to view the Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, with stunning results. The flight, which lasted a total of seven hours, flew south from Dunedin, New Zealand, zig-zagging across the international dateline to give its passengers a close-up look.
— Ian Griffin (@iangriffin) March 23, 2017
The Boeing 767 flight cost travelers $3,950 per pair of window seats in economy and $8,500 per pair of window seats in business. Check out the video below to see what the view was like.
H/T: New Zealand Herald
Featured image courtesy of Xavier Hoenner Photography via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards