This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those of you who’d rather venture south to see amazing natural phenomenons, here’s a new one to add to your travel bucket lists: A chartered flight recently completed its first successful flight to view the Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, with stunning results. The flight, which lasted a total of seven hours, flew south from Dunedin, New Zealand, zig-zagging across the international dateline to give its passengers a close-up look.
— Ian Griffin (@iangriffin) March 23, 2017
The Boeing 767 flight cost travelers $3,950 per pair of window seats in economy and $8,500 per pair of window seats in business. Check out the video below to see what the view was like.
H/T: New Zealand Herald
Featured image courtesy of Xavier Hoenner Photography via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards