Facebook’s Adding New Snapchat-like Features… Again
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in December, Facebook debuted a new tech toy within its iPhone and Android Messenger app that’s finally being rolled out this week: a camera interface that’ll enable users to add special effects, masks — similar to Snapchat’s “Lenses” — and other fun filters to their photos without having to leave the app. The goal is for users to eventually be able to create their own effects that can be used exclusively on photos and videos they’re capturing directly within the Facebook app.
Another new Snapchat-like feature users will see soon, the ingeniously-named “Facebook Stories,” is a lot like “Instagram Stories” (which came out last summer), letting you create certain posts that can be viewed by other users for up to 24 hours — if that sounds familiar, it’s because they’re both almost exactly the same product as “Snapchat Stories.” There’s also an option to use “Direct” to send content privately via a Facebook message, just in case you don’t want your old camp bunkmate’s mom to see your story.
It seems Facebook founder Marc Zuckerberg and the gang are still trying to win over Snapchat’s users by creating their own form of photo and video communication, the latest move to keep these key social media platforms competitive. Whether or not users will be into these familiar features remains to be seen. Check out the video below to see more about how the new additions will work:
Featured image courtesy of Chris Cross via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees