Titanic Fans Can Book a Trip to See the Ship up Close — for a Price
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
History buffs and Titanic fans, rejoice! Blue Marble Private, a London-based tour company, recently announced it’s going to be launching an eight-day trip allowing its passengers to view the RMS Titanic wreckage. The ill-fated ocean liner struck an iceberg on April 14, 1912, sinking to the bottom of the Atlantic within three hours.
The eight-day trips, which will begin running next year, will take nine passengers to a point in the North Atlantic located about 350 miles off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada. From there, adventurers will board a titanium and carbon fiber submersible, which will descend about 13,323 feet (4,000 meters) beneath the ocean’s surface. Passengers then will be able to glide over and take in views of the ship’s deck and grand staircase.
While this may sound exciting for history buffs and movie fans alike, the underwater escapade comes with a hefty price tag of $105,129 per person, making this incredible journey affordable for just a select few. For the rest of us, there’s always the movie, or perhaps the chance to check out the replica.
Featured image courtesy of RMS Titanic’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.