Titanic Fans Can Book a Trip to See the Ship up Close — for a Price
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
History buffs and Titanic fans, rejoice! Blue Marble Private, a London-based tour company, recently announced it’s going to be launching an eight-day trip allowing its passengers to view the RMS Titanic wreckage. The ill-fated ocean liner struck an iceberg on April 14, 1912, sinking to the bottom of the Atlantic within three hours.
The eight-day trips, which will begin running next year, will take nine passengers to a point in the North Atlantic located about 350 miles off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada. From there, adventurers will board a titanium and carbon fiber submersible, which will descend about 13,323 feet (4,000 meters) beneath the ocean’s surface. Passengers then will be able to glide over and take in views of the ship’s deck and grand staircase.
While this may sound exciting for history buffs and movie fans alike, the underwater escapade comes with a hefty price tag of $105,129 per person, making this incredible journey affordable for just a select few. For the rest of us, there’s always the movie, or perhaps the chance to check out the replica.
Featured image courtesy of RMS Titanic’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees