Delta Flash Sale: 110,000 Miles Round-Trip to Europe in Delta One, 50,000 in Main Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta is having a flash sale on award tickets from many US cities to Europe. The sale is good for both main cabin and Delta One tickets, with round-trip redemptions starting at 50,000 SkyMiles and 110,000 SkyMiles for main cabin and Delta One, respectively.
In order to take advantage, you must purchase your ticket by 11:59pm ET on March 15, 2017. Travel must be completed between August 1 and October 31, 2017. We’re seeing some pretty good availability — as many as nine seats on some routes!
There are quite a few cities included in this flash sale, so it’s best to click around with your departure city to see what (if anything) is available to Europe. The highlight of this sale is the Delta One fare, which is going for 110,000 miles round-trip. Although Delta doesn’t have an award chart, round-trip award fares on these transatlantic routes usually start at 140,000 miles, so you’re essentially getting a 30,000-mile discount here. Note you must book a round-trip to get the sale price.
And while the main cabin 50,000-mile awards are nice, it could be hard to justify using your miles given how cheap revenue tickets to Europe are these days. If you have the miles and are looking to spend them, it could be worth it, but sometimes a cheap ticket could be a better option.
Here are some sample itineraries with this flash sale:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
New York (JFK) to Dublin (DUB) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
Atlanta (ATL) to Brussels (BRU) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
Minneapolis (MSP) to London (LHR) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 50,000 miles round-trip (return airport is Newark [EWR]) in Main Cabin:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for 50,000 miles round-trip in Main Cabin:
If you’re looking to book a trip to Europe and have some bonus SkyMiles in your account, this could be the perfect opportunity to use them. The highlight here is probably the 110,000-mile Delta One fare, but if you’re not looking to splurge on the lie-flat seat, a 50,000-mile main cabin award isn’t too bad either. If you’re interested, it’s better to book sooner rather than later, as the discounted award space may go quickly between now and March 15.
Looking to increase your stash of SkyMiles for future flash sales like this? Consider applying for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express. It currently comes with a bonus of 35,000 miles and 5,000 MQMs after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Plus, you’ll get a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase in the first three months.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.