Delta Flash Sale: 110,000 Miles Round-Trip to Europe in Delta One, 50,000 in Main Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta is having a flash sale on award tickets from many US cities to Europe. The sale is good for both main cabin and Delta One tickets, with round-trip redemptions starting at 50,000 SkyMiles and 110,000 SkyMiles for main cabin and Delta One, respectively.
In order to take advantage, you must purchase your ticket by 11:59pm ET on March 15, 2017. Travel must be completed between August 1 and October 31, 2017. We’re seeing some pretty good availability — as many as nine seats on some routes!
There are quite a few cities included in this flash sale, so it’s best to click around with your departure city to see what (if anything) is available to Europe. The highlight of this sale is the Delta One fare, which is going for 110,000 miles round-trip. Although Delta doesn’t have an award chart, round-trip award fares on these transatlantic routes usually start at 140,000 miles, so you’re essentially getting a 30,000-mile discount here. Note you must book a round-trip to get the sale price.
And while the main cabin 50,000-mile awards are nice, it could be hard to justify using your miles given how cheap revenue tickets to Europe are these days. If you have the miles and are looking to spend them, it could be worth it, but sometimes a cheap ticket could be a better option.
Here are some sample itineraries with this flash sale:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
New York (JFK) to Dublin (DUB) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
Atlanta (ATL) to Brussels (BRU) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
Minneapolis (MSP) to London (LHR) for 110,000 miles round-trip in Delta One:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 50,000 miles round-trip (return airport is Newark [EWR]) in Main Cabin:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for 50,000 miles round-trip in Main Cabin:
If you’re looking to book a trip to Europe and have some bonus SkyMiles in your account, this could be the perfect opportunity to use them. The highlight here is probably the 110,000-mile Delta One fare, but if you’re not looking to splurge on the lie-flat seat, a 50,000-mile main cabin award isn’t too bad either. If you’re interested, it’s better to book sooner rather than later, as the discounted award space may go quickly between now and March 15.
Looking to increase your stash of SkyMiles for future flash sales like this? Consider applying for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express. It currently comes with a bonus of 35,000 miles and 5,000 MQMs after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Plus, you’ll get a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase in the first three months.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees