Deal Alert: East Coast to Sweden From $342 Round-Trip
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been fixing to go to Northern Europe, now’s your chance, as flights from the East Coast to Stockholm are on sale. You can fly from Boston (BOS), New York City/Newark (JFK/EWR), and Washington D.C. (IAD) to Stockholm (ARN) from just $342 round-trip.
These prices are available on Finnair, Icelandair, Lufthansa and Swiss with lots availability from April through mid-June and late August through January 2018. You’ll want to use Google Flights to find your desired dates and carrier, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline itself. Since these are all full service airlines, you’ll get one free checked bag and a meal (no meals on Icelandair) when you’re flying internationally.
Airlines: Finnair, Icelandair, Lufthansa and Swiss
Routes: BOS, EWR, IAD and JFK to ARN
Cost: $342+ round-trip in economy
Dates: April – June and August – December
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) on Finnair for $342 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) on Icelandair for $380 round-trip:
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Stockholm (ARN) on Icelandair for $391 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Stockholm (ARN) on Swiss for $396 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Sweden courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.