Cruise Ship Comes Uncomfortably Close to Fort Lauderdale Home
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, the 122,000-ton Celebrity Equinox cruise ship drifted alarmingly close to a couple’s Fort Lauderdale home near Port Everglades. Bill and Yasmine Toddhunter filmed the ordeal, hoping the footage would compel the cruise line to ensure that something like this never happens again.
Unusually high winds and a strong current brought the ship closer to land than usual, though a spokesperson for the Port Everglades Pilots Association stated that the Equinox was always under control, despite being extremely close to the couple’s deck.
In the video above, the ship can be seen looming over the couple’s back patio. Both Mr. Toddhunter and the two dogs in the video seem to be utterly confused at the sight of an enormous ship coming so close to the shore. Both Bill and Yasmine claim that they’ve never seen a ship come this close to their property, despite living at the home for several years. Luckily, the Celebrity Equinox didn’t touch ground — or their home — though after cruising the Caribbean, the ship is scheduled to arrive back at Port Everglades. Hopefully the Toddhunters’ floating neighbor remains at bay this time.
Featured image courtesy of Celebrity Equinox’s Facebook page.
H/T: Sun Sentinel
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.