Marriott and Starwood Are Giving Coachella’s Safari Tents a Makeover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Music may be the main event at California’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, but that doesn’t mean you should sacrifice comfort. And Marriott and Starwood understand that. When the festival returns this April for its 18th annual event, the iconic hotel brands will be the first to launch a takeover of eight of Coachella’s onsite safari tents, giving them a first-class makeover.
Though each tent will be one-of-a-kind — each one will showcase the diversity of Marriott and Starwood’s lifestyle brands, including AC Hotels by Marriott, Moxy, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection Hotels, Aloft, Westin, Le Méridien and Tribute Portfolio — they’ll all feature many of the same amenities you’d find in a full-service hotel, including private restrooms and showers, a concierge and air conditioning.
The glamping experience is being made available to all Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards members during the second weekend of the festival (April 20–23, 2017) — but only via auction through the Marriott Rewards’ Experiences Marketplace and SPG Moments websites. The bidding for each of the four SPG brand-themed tents (Aloft, Westin, Le Méridien and Tribute Portfolio) begins at 7,500 Starpoints, while bidding for the four Marriott brand-themed tents starts at 22,500 Marriott Rewards points. Note that you can only participate in each auction until 11:00am ET on April 6.
In addition to a true home-away-from home at Indio’s Empire Polo Club, where the festival is held, guests will have access to special viewing areas (an important fact when you consider that Lady Gaga, Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar are among this year’s headliners); private parking adjacent to the campsite; daily breakfast and late-night snacks; and golf cart transportation to and from the stages. Even if you’re not able to snag one of these Shikar-style safari tents, Marriott will have its own sponsor tent at the event, where it’ll be giving away trips to Bali and Portugal.
“Marriott’s partnership with Coachella further demonstrates our commitment to music,” Jennifer Utz Ilecki, Marriott’s vice president of buzz marketing and global partnerships, said in a statement. “We’re excited about bringing yet another ‘industry first’ to our loyal members, festival attendees and those who share our love of music.”
Next up: mining your closet for the wildest boho-chic outfits you can throw together.
Featured image courtesy of Coachella’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.