Marriott and Starwood Are Giving Coachella’s Safari Tents a Makeover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Music may be the main event at California’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, but that doesn’t mean you should sacrifice comfort. And Marriott and Starwood understand that. When the festival returns this April for its 18th annual event, the iconic hotel brands will be the first to launch a takeover of eight of Coachella’s onsite safari tents, giving them a first-class makeover.
Though each tent will be one-of-a-kind — each one will showcase the diversity of Marriott and Starwood’s lifestyle brands, including AC Hotels by Marriott, Moxy, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection Hotels, Aloft, Westin, Le Méridien and Tribute Portfolio — they’ll all feature many of the same amenities you’d find in a full-service hotel, including private restrooms and showers, a concierge and air conditioning.
The glamping experience is being made available to all Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards members during the second weekend of the festival (April 20–23, 2017) — but only via auction through the Marriott Rewards’ Experiences Marketplace and SPG Moments websites. The bidding for each of the four SPG brand-themed tents (Aloft, Westin, Le Méridien and Tribute Portfolio) begins at 7,500 Starpoints, while bidding for the four Marriott brand-themed tents starts at 22,500 Marriott Rewards points. Note that you can only participate in each auction until 11:00am ET on April 6.
In addition to a true home-away-from home at Indio’s Empire Polo Club, where the festival is held, guests will have access to special viewing areas (an important fact when you consider that Lady Gaga, Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar are among this year’s headliners); private parking adjacent to the campsite; daily breakfast and late-night snacks; and golf cart transportation to and from the stages. Even if you’re not able to snag one of these Shikar-style safari tents, Marriott will have its own sponsor tent at the event, where it’ll be giving away trips to Bali and Portugal.
“Marriott’s partnership with Coachella further demonstrates our commitment to music,” Jennifer Utz Ilecki, Marriott’s vice president of buzz marketing and global partnerships, said in a statement. “We’re excited about bringing yet another ‘industry first’ to our loyal members, festival attendees and those who share our love of music.”
Next up: mining your closet for the wildest boho-chic outfits you can throw together.
Featured image courtesy of Coachella’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees