A Los Pollos Hermanos Pop-Up Is Coming to Los Angeles and New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since 2008, fans of Vince Gilligan’s Breaking Bad have only been able to fantasize about what Gus Fring was cooking up at Los Pollos Hermanos, the fast food chain/meth front that was serving up New Mexico’s most addictive chicken. Earlier this month, a real-life version of the chicken chain popped up at SXSW in Austin — though, oddly, it didn’t serve chicken. It seems as if that will also be the case in Los Angeles and New York next month, when each city hosts its own pop-up in the lead-up to the new season of Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul, which premieres Monday, April 10.
Earlier this week, AMC announced that following the success of its Austin storefront — which was visited by none other than Giancarlo Esposito, who played Fring in Breaking Bad and will do so again in the new season of Better Call Saul, and Saul himself, Bob Odenkirk — additional outposts will be popping up in both Los Angeles and New York.
This Wednesday and Thursday, March 29 and 30, the parking lot at 1345 East 6th Street in Los Angeles will be transformed into a restaurant/photo-op for fans of the show from 12:00pm until 10:00pm, courtesy of Citizens Parking and AMC. In New York, the same thing will happen at 243 Pearl Street on Sunday, April 9, from 11:00am to 8:00pm and Monday, April 10, from 10:00am to 8:00pm — just in time to make it home for Saul’s season premiere, which kicks off at 10:00pm.
Just be sure to have a snack before you go, as Fring’s famous curly fries are likely to be the only thing on the menu. As for Walter White’s infamous Blue Sky? Don’t even bother asking.
Featured image courtesy of Robert Trachtenberg/AMC/Sony Pictures Television.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees