A Los Pollos Hermanos Pop-Up Is Coming to Los Angeles and New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since 2008, fans of Vince Gilligan’s Breaking Bad have only been able to fantasize about what Gus Fring was cooking up at Los Pollos Hermanos, the fast food chain/meth front that was serving up New Mexico’s most addictive chicken. Earlier this month, a real-life version of the chicken chain popped up at SXSW in Austin — though, oddly, it didn’t serve chicken. It seems as if that will also be the case in Los Angeles and New York next month, when each city hosts its own pop-up in the lead-up to the new season of Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul, which premieres Monday, April 10.
Earlier this week, AMC announced that following the success of its Austin storefront — which was visited by none other than Giancarlo Esposito, who played Fring in Breaking Bad and will do so again in the new season of Better Call Saul, and Saul himself, Bob Odenkirk — additional outposts will be popping up in both Los Angeles and New York.
This Wednesday and Thursday, March 29 and 30, the parking lot at 1345 East 6th Street in Los Angeles will be transformed into a restaurant/photo-op for fans of the show from 12:00pm until 10:00pm, courtesy of Citizens Parking and AMC. In New York, the same thing will happen at 243 Pearl Street on Sunday, April 9, from 11:00am to 8:00pm and Monday, April 10, from 10:00am to 8:00pm — just in time to make it home for Saul’s season premiere, which kicks off at 10:00pm.
Just be sure to have a snack before you go, as Fring’s famous curly fries are likely to be the only thing on the menu. As for Walter White’s infamous Blue Sky? Don’t even bother asking.
Featured image courtesy of Robert Trachtenberg/AMC/Sony Pictures Television.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.