This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning today, you can enroll in the Chase Freedom‘s second-quarter bonus. With the latest rotating bonus category, you can earn 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) through June 30, 2017, for purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. As always, remember that you’ll only earn the 5% cash back or 5x points on up to $1,500 in combined purchases.
Note that you must enroll in order to take advantage of the bonus earning at grocery stores and drugstores for this quarter’s bonus. You can do so on Chase’s website by entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the credit card and the billing ZIP code.
Note that purchases at Target and Walmart are not eligible for the 5% cash back or 5x points bonus. There’s an extensive list of merchants that are and aren’t eligible for this bonus, and you can find that on Chase’s website.
You must enroll in the second-quarter bonus by June 14 in order to take advantage. If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this grocery store and drugstore bonus. The card currently comes with a sign-up bonus of $150 (or 15,000 points) after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, be sure to enroll in this quarter’s bonus by June 14.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees