This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beginning today, you can enroll in the Chase Freedom‘s second-quarter bonus. With the latest rotating bonus category, you can earn 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) through June 30, 2017, for purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. As always, remember that you’ll only earn the 5% cash back or 5x points on up to $1,500 in combined purchases.
Note that you must enroll in order to take advantage of the bonus earning at grocery stores and drugstores for this quarter’s bonus. You can do so on Chase’s website by entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the credit card and the billing ZIP code.
Note that purchases at Target and Walmart are not eligible for the 5% cash back or 5x points bonus. There’s an extensive list of merchants that are and aren’t eligible for this bonus, and you can find that on Chase’s website.
You must enroll in the second-quarter bonus by June 14 in order to take advantage. If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this grocery store and drugstore bonus. The card currently comes with a sign-up bonus of $150 (or 15,000 points) after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, be sure to enroll in this quarter’s bonus by June 14.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards