This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Freedom
Beginning today, you can enroll in the Chase Freedom’s second-quarter bonus. With the latest rotating bonus category, you can earn 5% cash back (or 5x Ultimate Rewards points) through June 30, 2017, for purchases at grocery stores and drugstores. As always, remember that you’ll only earn the 5% cash back or 5x points on up to $1,500 in combined purchases.
Note that you must enroll in order to take advantage of the bonus earning at grocery stores and drugstores for this quarter’s bonus. You can do so on Chase’s website by entering the primary cardholder’s last name, the last four digits of the credit card and the billing ZIP code.
Note that purchases at Target and Walmart are not eligible for the 5% cash back or 5x points bonus. There’s an extensive list of merchants that are and aren’t eligible for this bonus, and you can find that on Chase’s website.
You must enroll in the second-quarter bonus by June 14 in order to take advantage. If you don’t yet have the Freedom, there’s still time to sign up and take advantage of this grocery store and drugstore bonus. The card currently comes with a sign-up bonus of $150 (or 15,000 points) after you spend $500 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll get 5% cash back (or 5x points) on rotating categories every quarter and 1% cash back (or 1x points) on all other purchases. If you already have the card, be sure to enroll in this quarter’s bonus by June 14.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees