Today Only: Earn 8 United Miles per Dollar at Apple
In a rare shopping portal bonus appearance, United is offering MileagePlus shoppers a fantastic 8 miles per dollar on Apple purchases. This increased offer is good for today (Friday, March 10) only. To take advantage, go to the MileagePlus Shopping Apple page, click the Shop now option and make sure to purchase through the window that opens.
As an example of what you can earn, say you want to buy a new iPhone ($869) and Macbook ($1,599). Based on that $2,468 purchase, you’d earn 19,744 United miles — worth $296 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. United usually offers 1 mile per dollar spent at Apple, so you’re earning significantly more miles (2,468 vs. 19,744) with this limited-time bonus.
Note that the terms and conditions state that the increased offer isn’t valid for gift cards and AirPods. In addition, they state that some newer products may not be eligible for the increased bonus.
In general, all of your online shopping should be done through an airline shopping portal so you can earn bonus miles toward your next redemption. And when there are increased levels of earning like this Apple offer from United, there’s even more reason to do so. If you’ve been thinking about making a purchase from Apple, today’s the day to do so, as this 8 miles per dollar offer is only good through 11:59pm ET tonight.
H/T: Mommy Points
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.