This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Late last year, Aeroplan offered members up to a 30% bonus when they transferred hotel points to the program. And it looks like that offer is back for members to take advantage of through April 17, 2017.
Like last year’s bonus, this offer is tiered, meaning it gets more lucrative as you transfer more points. You can see the exact breakdown below, but you’ll get the full 30% bonus if you transfer 200,000 hotel points or more to the Aeroplan program.
The eligible hotel points programs include Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Club Carlson, Wyndham Rewards and more. Remember that just like last year’s promotion, Aeroplan counts the cumulative number of hotel points transferred over — meaning you can transfer a small amount of points from any (or all) of the programs to meet the threshold to trigger the bonus. Note that transfers from American Express Membership Rewards aren’t valid for this offer.
Transfers from SPG represent an especially unique opportunity, as you’ll get a 5,000-Starpoint bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints you transfer. In this case, if you were to transfer 160,000 Starpoints, your Aeroplan balance would come to 200,000 miles because of the 40,000-Starpoint transfer bonus. Then, with the 30% bonus you’d be eligible for from Aeroplan, you’d have a total of 260,000 Aeroplan miles — worth $3,900 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Or, it could be a better option for you to take advantage of one of Marriott’s Hotel + Air packages. For example, if you redeem 500,000 Marriott Rewards points (167,000 Starpoints), you’ll get two seven-night stays at a Category 1-5 property plus 200,000 Aeroplan miles — setting you above the 200,000 threshold needed for the 30% bonus. If you have some extra hotel points that you’re looking to use and want to make an Aeroplan redemption (like Lufthansa first class), consider taking advantage before the promotion ends on April 17.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees