Get up to a 30% Bonus When You Transfer Hotel Points to Aeroplan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Late last year, Aeroplan offered members up to a 30% bonus when they transferred hotel points to the program. And it looks like that offer is back for members to take advantage of through April 17, 2017.
Like last year’s bonus, this offer is tiered, meaning it gets more lucrative as you transfer more points. You can see the exact breakdown below, but you’ll get the full 30% bonus if you transfer 200,000 hotel points or more to the Aeroplan program.
The eligible hotel points programs include Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Club Carlson, Wyndham Rewards and more. Remember that just like last year’s promotion, Aeroplan counts the cumulative number of hotel points transferred over — meaning you can transfer a small amount of points from any (or all) of the programs to meet the threshold to trigger the bonus. Note that transfers from American Express Membership Rewards aren’t valid for this offer.
Transfers from SPG represent an especially unique opportunity, as you’ll get a 5,000-Starpoint bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints you transfer. In this case, if you were to transfer 160,000 Starpoints, your Aeroplan balance would come to 200,000 miles because of the 40,000-Starpoint transfer bonus. Then, with the 30% bonus you’d be eligible for from Aeroplan, you’d have a total of 260,000 Aeroplan miles — worth $3,900 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Or, it could be a better option for you to take advantage of one of Marriott’s Hotel + Air packages. For example, if you redeem 500,000 Marriott Rewards points (167,000 Starpoints), you’ll get two seven-night stays at a Category 1-5 property plus 200,000 Aeroplan miles — setting you above the 200,000 threshold needed for the 30% bonus. If you have some extra hotel points that you’re looking to use and want to make an Aeroplan redemption (like Lufthansa first class), consider taking advantage before the promotion ends on April 17.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee