Score an Incredible Vacation Villa Redemption With This Wyndham Flash Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last year, we told you how Wyndham Rewards was expanding its program so you could redeem your points at its more than 17,000 condos and vacation homes. The addition of vacation properties to its portfolio increased the number of total Wyndham Rewards properties to more than 25,000 options. And, for a limited time, Wyndham Rewards is making redemptions significantly more valuable with its 72-hour flash sale.
As you may remember, in 2015, Wyndham Rewards announced that it was going to offer a flat redemption rate of 15,000 points per night at all of its worldwide properties. And with last year’s announcement that it would be including its vacation properties in that portfolio, Wyndham Rewards began by charging members 15,000 points per bedroom per night — meaning a three-bedroom condo would cost 45,000 points per night.
With this 72-hour flash sale, Wyndham Rewards is offering members the chance to redeem their points for a stay at vacation properties for 15,000 points per night, regardless of the number of bedrooms. The 72-hour flash sale begins today at 10:00am ET and runs through 9:59am ET on Friday, March 3, and travel must be completed by January 7, 2018. In addition, this flash sale is only valid to the first 50 Wyndham Rewards members who book a minimum of two nights and a maximum of seven nights.
Note that this flash sale is valid for Cottages by Wyndham Vacation Rentals properties. For a full list of properties participating in this flash sale, visit the Wyndham Rewards Cottages page. Although you can browse the available properties online, you must call 866-232-8628 to book.
Here are some notable options that could give you the best return on your Wyndham Rewards points:
This five-bedroom property, located about 4 miles from the Nice Airport (NCE) in France, sleeps 12 people. If you were to book seven nights at the property in July, it would cost you 525,000 Wyndham Rewards points, worth $6,300 based on TPG’s most recent valuations (15,000 points per bedroom for seven nights).
However, if you were to book during this 72-hour flash sale, you’d redeem just 105,000 Wyndham Rewards points for the seven-night stay. That’s worth $1,260 based on TPG’s valuations. And considering that for the same week, the property is going for £3,782 ($4,703), you’d be getting a value of 4.5 cents per point.
La Contea, Dicomano
This 16th Century Italian villa, located in Dicomano, which is about an hour away from the Florence Airport (FLR), has 10 bedrooms and sleeps 20 people. The property has a pool, sauna, fitness area, library and more. Normally, if you book this villa for a seven-night stay, you’d pay 1,050,000 Wyndham Rewards points, worth $12,600 based on TPG’s most recent valuations (15,000 points per bedroom for seven nights).
However, if you were to book this villa during the Wyndham flash sale, you’d pay 105,000 points — worth $1,260. For the same week, the La Contea villa is going for £5,429 ($6,752), so you’d be getting a value of 6.4 cents per point.
The Towers, Llanfairfechan, Conwy, County Conwy
Located in Conwy, UK, just about an hour away from Liverpool, this mansion is set just yards from the beach. The Towers property is more than 5,000 square feet with a cinema room, hand-painted domed ceiling, dining room with seating for 20 people, a beach room and library. This 10 bedroom property sleeps 20 people, so if you were to book a four-night stay normally, it’d cost 600,000 Wyndham Rewards points, worth $7,200 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
If you choose to book your stay as part of this flash sale, you’d pay 60,000 points — worth $720 based on TPG’s valuations. For a sample four-night stay in September, this property costs £2,624 ($3,263), so you’d be getting a value of 5.4 cents per point.
Ultimately, this is an excellent promotion from Wyndham Rewards. By being able to take advantage of discounted nightly rates, you could be getting some great value out of your points. Especially for larger properties where the number of bedrooms is high, you could be coming away from this flash sale with a great deal.
One note with this promotion is that if you don’t have enough Wyndham Rewards points to cover all nights of your stay, you can use a combination of points + cash. This could prove to be a great option, because even though you could be paying far fewer points, you still might not have enough to cover the full total (note that the amount of cash will vary by property). The points + cash option opens up the possibilities.
If you don’t have enough Wyndham Rewards points to cover your stay, consider signing up for the Wyndham Rewards Visa Card. The card currently comes with a sign-up bonus of 15,000 points after your first purchase and an additional 15,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. With the full 30,000-point sign-up bonus alone, you could earn two free nights at any participating Wyndham property worldwide.
Featured image courtesy of Wyndham Vacation Rentals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.