United’s Adding More Domestic 777-300ER Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is a big week for United — the airline’s brand new 777-300ER (77W) will begin flying paying passengers on Thursday, with regular transcon service between Newark and San Francisco. Then, on March 25, the 77W will begin international service, launching first on United’s nonstop from San Francisco to Hong Kong.
In the meantime, though, the airline has an extra plane at its disposal, and now we know how it’ll be used. Between February 22 and March 8, United will operate a second flight between Newark and San Francisco — every day except Tuesdays and Sundays.
Here are the two EWR-SFO flights you can book during that period:
And here are the flights from SFO:
There isn’t any Saver award space for Polaris business class, unfortunately, though there’s plenty for coach. Business-class fares start at just over $2,000 round-trip.
The 77W has 60 lie-flat Polaris business-class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, 102 Economy Plus seats in a 3-4-3 configuration and 204 regular coach seats, also in 3-4-3. Given that most of United’s other 777s have economy seats arranged in 3-3-3, it’s definitely a tighter squeeze in coach, so keep that in mind before booking an economy seat on this plane. This is United’s best premium cabin in the fleet, though, so if you can snag a seat in biz, you’ll be in for a treat.
TPG and I are joining a special preview flight today, so stay tuned for lots of photos on the site and — connection permitting — a Facebook Live tour from the plane. You can also follow along on TPG’s Instagram and Twitter accounts (and my own Instagram and Twitter) throughout the afternoon and evening.
Have you booked a flight on United’s 77W?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.