Country Singer Miranda Lambert On Packing Problems and What She Loves Most About Traveling
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Country singer-songwriter Miranda Lambert, who is now on the road touring behind her latest album, ‘The Weight of These Wings,’ reveals what she can’t leave home without and the one thing she wishes she could do more of when traveling.
What’s the best trip you’ve ever taken?
I do like to travel — my job requires it! I love seeing this entire country. It’s beautiful. I love going from town to town. I just wish I had more time to explore these towns.
Do you have any packing tips?
Packing can be a bit tricky. Fortunately, I have help from my stylist, who puts some outfits together for me. I must pack some cool outfits — it’s all about the clothes. I love mixing and matching, as my look is a little bit country and a little bit rock n’ roll all put together. I pack quite a bit, too. Packing what you need is probably best.
What’s one thing you can’t you travel without?
My dogs! I always try to bring Cher, Delta and Bellamy with me because they’re small and fit comfortably on the bus. I don’t like leaving the rest of my dogs behind but they’re too big for the bus life, unfortunately.
How many dogs do you have?
I have seven and they are all rescues.
You have a doggie Foundation. What inspired that?
Helping dogs find a forever home has always been a passion of mine. After volunteering at a local shelter when I was a teen, it really hit me how much work it takes to run a shelter, let alone the amount of money. So that’s when Mom, Bev and I started our own charity events and helping our local East Texas shelter. A few years later we founded the MuttNation Foundation to spread the mission of helping shelter pets on a national level and educate people about adoption.
What’s your favorite weekend getaway?
Relaxing in Tennessee. It’s a beautiful place. I like to go anywhere with my guitar.
What’s your favorite hotel?
No hotel is as relaxing as my house.
Window or aisle seat?
What city did you enjoy visiting most last year?
Philadelphia. I was out with Kenny Chesney — who is definitely the best live performer to go out on the road with — and we had a great time. There’s always so much to learn from him and he treats his guests so well.
Are you a points gal and if so, what do you use your points for?
Your albums have always been the equivalent of a snapshot of your life and it’s been a difficult last few years for you. Is this album your most cathartic?
I’ve always been honest and I stay true to myself when making a record. Writing and creating music has always been therapeutic for me so it’s hard to say ‘The Weight of These Wings’ is more cathartic than any other of my records. I put a lot of raw emotion into each of them so they’re all special in their own individual way. This (album) just reflects a tougher period. I write about what’s happening in my life at the time so my story changed, but that’s it.
A number of your songs, ‘Runnin’ Just in Case’ and ‘I’ve Got Wheels’ scream wanderlust. Is that due to your new personal freedom?
We all get to a place where the only way to move is forward. When going through any situation, there’s another side to come out on and it’s all about how to get to that point. This entire album from beginning to end is my journey of feeling everything from gritty pain and vulnerability to happiness and how I worked my way through it. I love being on a journey most of all.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Miller via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees