Country Singer Miranda Lambert On Packing Problems and What She Loves Most About Traveling
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Country singer-songwriter Miranda Lambert, who is now on the road touring behind her latest album, ‘The Weight of These Wings,’ reveals what she can’t leave home without and the one thing she wishes she could do more of when traveling.
What’s the best trip you’ve ever taken?
I do like to travel — my job requires it! I love seeing this entire country. It’s beautiful. I love going from town to town. I just wish I had more time to explore these towns.
Do you have any packing tips?
Packing can be a bit tricky. Fortunately, I have help from my stylist, who puts some outfits together for me. I must pack some cool outfits — it’s all about the clothes. I love mixing and matching, as my look is a little bit country and a little bit rock n’ roll all put together. I pack quite a bit, too. Packing what you need is probably best.
What’s one thing you can’t you travel without?
My dogs! I always try to bring Cher, Delta and Bellamy with me because they’re small and fit comfortably on the bus. I don’t like leaving the rest of my dogs behind but they’re too big for the bus life, unfortunately.
How many dogs do you have?
I have seven and they are all rescues.
You have a doggie Foundation. What inspired that?
Helping dogs find a forever home has always been a passion of mine. After volunteering at a local shelter when I was a teen, it really hit me how much work it takes to run a shelter, let alone the amount of money. So that’s when Mom, Bev and I started our own charity events and helping our local East Texas shelter. A few years later we founded the MuttNation Foundation to spread the mission of helping shelter pets on a national level and educate people about adoption.
What’s your favorite weekend getaway?
Relaxing in Tennessee. It’s a beautiful place. I like to go anywhere with my guitar.
What’s your favorite hotel?
No hotel is as relaxing as my house.
Window or aisle seat?
What city did you enjoy visiting most last year?
Philadelphia. I was out with Kenny Chesney — who is definitely the best live performer to go out on the road with — and we had a great time. There’s always so much to learn from him and he treats his guests so well.
Are you a points gal and if so, what do you use your points for?
Your albums have always been the equivalent of a snapshot of your life and it’s been a difficult last few years for you. Is this album your most cathartic?
I’ve always been honest and I stay true to myself when making a record. Writing and creating music has always been therapeutic for me so it’s hard to say ‘The Weight of These Wings’ is more cathartic than any other of my records. I put a lot of raw emotion into each of them so they’re all special in their own individual way. This (album) just reflects a tougher period. I write about what’s happening in my life at the time so my story changed, but that’s it.
A number of your songs, ‘Runnin’ Just in Case’ and ‘I’ve Got Wheels’ scream wanderlust. Is that due to your new personal freedom?
We all get to a place where the only way to move is forward. When going through any situation, there’s another side to come out on and it’s all about how to get to that point. This entire album from beginning to end is my journey of feeling everything from gritty pain and vulnerability to happiness and how I worked my way through it. I love being on a journey most of all.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Miller via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.