Top Travel Brands Make a Big Super Bowl Splash
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best (if not the best) parts of the Super Bowl is the debut of fun and inventive commercials. This year travel brands like Turkish Airlines, Airbnb and Expedia made their voices heard with some heartfelt and moving advertisements aimed at those who love to travel and explore new places. Take a look below if you missed them on game day:
Who better to narrate a commercial than Morgan Freeman? In this ad, Freeman uses his famously calming and reassuring voice to urge us to explore and bridge worlds through travel on Turkish Airlines, which actually flies to more countries than any other airline in the world.
Airbnb kept its commercial simple, but powerful, by overlaying its mission statement on top of the many faces of its hosts and guests worldwide.
Expedia’s commercial was one of our favorites, capturing the sense of wonder that comes along with exploring a new place. The ad follows a woman and all of her travels over her lifetime, stating that through travel, we gain the perspective and experience needed to create positive change in the world.
Which Super Bowl commercial was your favorite this year? Let us know in the comments, below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.