My Tips for Fellow Tall Travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve traveled a lot in my lifetime, and being 6’7″ hasn’t been easy. Between cramped economy seats and hitting my head on low-hanging baggage compartments, I’ve had my fair share of challenges. And yes, sometimes even The Points Guy flies in coach. So I know what cramped quarters feels like.
A photo posted by Brian Kelly (@thepointsguy) on
In this video, I’ve compiled some tips that will help you find more space on planes, whether you’re in your seat already (take out all the reading materials from the seat-back in front of you) or you’re booking travel and need to look for exit row or bulkhead seats.
Watch the video at the top of the page for my tips on how to travel when you’re tall, then share your own tips with us, below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.