My Tips for Fellow Tall Travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve traveled a lot in my lifetime, and being 6’7″ hasn’t been easy. Between cramped economy seats and hitting my head on low-hanging baggage compartments, I’ve had my fair share of challenges. And yes, sometimes even The Points Guy flies in coach. So I know what cramped quarters feels like.
In this video, I’ve compiled some tips that will help you find more space on planes, whether you’re in your seat already (take out all the reading materials from the seat-back in front of you) or you’re booking travel and need to look for exit row or bulkhead seats.
Watch the video at the top of the page for my tips on how to travel when you’re tall, then share your own tips with us, below.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards