W Hotels in NYC Will Turn Suites Into Tattoo Studios This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a tattoo? Well, that’s forever. And this summer, W Hotels will make it easier for guests staying at its New York City hotels to go home with fresh ink, courtesy of the world’s most in-demand tattoo artists, thanks to its Tattoo Artist in Residence Program, the latest offering in a long line of unique arts the hotel chain has celebrated.
Among the celebrated tattooists who will be taking part are Los Angeles’ Mister Cartoon, Atlanta’s Tuki Carter and Hong Kong’s Joey Pang, pictured above, who is known for her calligraphy work and currently has a four-year waiting list at her studio, Tattoo Temple.
Beginning in July, the hotel plans to have one tattoo artist at each W New York outpost throughout the rest of the year, with Pang as the first contender from July 4 to July 13. She’ll take over the Extreme Wow Suite at the W New York – Union Square, which she’ll transform into a miniature version of Tattoo Temple, personally curating the space right down to the artwork on the walls. Whereas Travel + Leisure reports that Pang’s usual day rate is $4,500, rates for W guests will start at $1,600 per hour. The hotel will create a special VIP email address so guests can email her directly to set up their appointments — without having to deal with that pesky four-year waiting period.
While details haven’t officially been released as far as how the program will be rolled out across the four NYC properties, press materials state that each hotel will host an event to celebrate the launch of each Tattoo Artist in Residence, which guests will be able to attend. One thing is certain though: this is one vacation memento you’ll never forget.
Image of tattoo artist Joey Pang courtesy of Nic Gaunt.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.