W Hotels in NYC Will Turn Suites Into Tattoo Studios This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a tattoo? Well, that’s forever. And this summer, W Hotels will make it easier for guests staying at its New York City hotels to go home with fresh ink, courtesy of the world’s most in-demand tattoo artists, thanks to its Tattoo Artist in Residence Program, the latest offering in a long line of unique arts the hotel chain has celebrated.
Among the celebrated tattooists who will be taking part are Los Angeles’ Mister Cartoon, Atlanta’s Tuki Carter and Hong Kong’s Joey Pang, pictured above, who is known for her calligraphy work and currently has a four-year waiting list at her studio, Tattoo Temple.
Beginning in July, the hotel plans to have one tattoo artist at each W New York outpost throughout the rest of the year, with Pang as the first contender from July 4 to July 13. She’ll take over the Extreme Wow Suite at the W New York – Union Square, which she’ll transform into a miniature version of Tattoo Temple, personally curating the space right down to the artwork on the walls. Whereas Travel + Leisure reports that Pang’s usual day rate is $4,500, rates for W guests will start at $1,600 per hour. The hotel will create a special VIP email address so guests can email her directly to set up their appointments — without having to deal with that pesky four-year waiting period.
While details haven’t officially been released as far as how the program will be rolled out across the four NYC properties, press materials state that each hotel will host an event to celebrate the launch of each Tattoo Artist in Residence, which guests will be able to attend. One thing is certain though: this is one vacation memento you’ll never forget.
Image of tattoo artist Joey Pang courtesy of Nic Gaunt.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees