This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 2/25/17 4:45pm: It appears that the $65 Norwegian tickets have now sold out.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
Norwegian has been promising to bring $69 one-way fares to Europe since 2015, and now they’re available to book at an even cheaper price. You can score $65 one-way introductory fares from the smaller East Coast cities of Hartford (BDL), Newburgh (SWF) and Providence (PVD) for a limited time.
Read (and watch) all about TPG’s recent stay at the newly opened St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort.
If you haven’t yet applied for the Sapphire Reserve and are interested, there’s still one way to nab the 100,000-point sign-up bonus — but you’ll want to act sooner than later. If you apply in a Chase branch rather than online and are approved, you’ll be eligible for the higher offer, but only through March 12.
Check out our list of the top airline co-branded credit cards for this year and see how they can add value to your travel.
Follow along on the 11-hour journey from New York (JFK) to Honolulu (HNL) in first class on board Hawaiian Airlines’ retrofitted Airbus A330 aircraft.
This week, AA officially began selling Basic Economy tickets on 10 routes beginning March 1. Travelers who purchase a Basic Economy ticket will have to pay extra for carry-on bags, seat assignments and more.
Passengers on a Delta flight from San Francisco (SFO) to New York (JFK) were greeted upon arrival by Customs and Border Protection officers checking IDs. Read the latest on this story here.
In other news…
Virgin Atlantic Offering Discounted Business Fares for a Limited Time
Virgin Atlantic is running a sale for round-trip tickets in its Upper Class cabin between several US gateways and London Heathrow (LHR) through March 2, 2017. Check out the sale prices here.
British Airways to Introduce Domestic Business Class
British Airways will soon offer a Club Europe (business class) cabin on domestic UK flights. According to reports, it will be available as of April 1, 2017 and will mirror the experience found on the carrier’s inter-Europe business-class flights (which is nothing to write home about).
Featured image of the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards