Brussels Airport is Adding Special Plane-Spotting Platforms
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AvGeeks will soon have another place to congregate as authorities from Brussels Airport (BRU) have just announced the airport will be building two dedicated plane-spotting platforms, which will be elevated so spotters will have unobstructed views of the runways. Parking lots and a playground will also accompany the viewing areas.
Two separate runways will receive viewing platforms — one near the 01/19 runway and the other near the 25L/07R runway — and plane spotters will be able to see some pretty cool aircraft, too: Emirates flies a 777 between Brussels and Dubai, while Qatar currently operates its 787 from Doha to Brussels, but will start using an A350 on June 1. Brussels Airport is a large international airport that sees more than 23 million passengers a year and is serviced by more than 60 carriers, so the plane spotting possibilities are plentiful.
BRU worked with local authorities and plane spotters to identify areas that would allow for great views, yet remain safe and secure for those watching. Brussels Airport Company plans to submit an application to build the structures and if it’s approved, construction should start as soon as this year.
H/T: Wandering Aramean
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees