Brussels Airport is Adding Special Plane-Spotting Platforms
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AvGeeks will soon have another place to congregate as authorities from Brussels Airport (BRU) have just announced the airport will be building two dedicated plane-spotting platforms, which will be elevated so spotters will have unobstructed views of the runways. Parking lots and a playground will also accompany the viewing areas.
Two separate runways will receive viewing platforms — one near the 01/19 runway and the other near the 25L/07R runway — and plane spotters will be able to see some pretty cool aircraft, too: Emirates flies a 777 between Brussels and Dubai, while Qatar currently operates its 787 from Doha to Brussels, but will start using an A350 on June 1. Brussels Airport is a large international airport that sees more than 23 million passengers a year and is serviced by more than 60 carriers, so the plane spotting possibilities are plentiful.
BRU worked with local authorities and plane spotters to identify areas that would allow for great views, yet remain safe and secure for those watching. Brussels Airport Company plans to submit an application to build the structures and if it’s approved, construction should start as soon as this year.
H/T: Wandering Aramean
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.