JetBlue Unveils Quirky New ‘Blueprint’ Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is celebrating its 17th anniversary with new livery on its Embraer E190, featuring a ‘Blueprint’ design to give a unique x-ray-like view of the 100-seat aircraft. The design team also added in some features you might see when the plane is full of passengers and cargo, as well as a few unique items someone might bring aboard, like a Piñata or French press coffee machine.
According to a press release from JetBlue, the aircraft took two weeks to paint and is one of the carrier’s most intricate livery designs. The newly-decorated jet was unveiled at Boston Logan Airport (BOS) and will be operating on select routes served by the E190.
JetBlue is also honoring its New York City hub with a new tailfin design dubbed ‘Highrise’ that represents the Big Apple’s illuminated skyline. The design itself displays different colored squares on the tail, meant to symbolize the window panes of the city’s high-rise buildings.
Both the ‘Blueprint’ livery and ‘Highrise’ tailfin design will eventually be added to additional aircraft throughout the year. This isn’t the first time the airline has painted its aircraft in a distinct way — in November, JetBlue introduced retro 1960s livery, channeling what designers thought JetBlue’s aircraft would have looked like if the carrier had been around in that decade.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee