This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is celebrating its 17th anniversary with new livery on its Embraer E190, featuring a ‘Blueprint’ design to give a unique x-ray-like view of the 100-seat aircraft. The design team also added in some features you might see when the plane is full of passengers and cargo, as well as a few unique items someone might bring aboard, like a Piñata or French press coffee machine.
According to a press release from JetBlue, the aircraft took two weeks to paint and is one of the carrier’s most intricate livery designs. The newly-decorated jet was unveiled at Boston Logan Airport (BOS) and will be operating on select routes served by the E190.
JetBlue is also honoring its New York City hub with a new tailfin design dubbed ‘Highrise’ that represents the Big Apple’s illuminated skyline. The design itself displays different colored squares on the tail, meant to symbolize the window panes of the city’s high-rise buildings.
Both the ‘Blueprint’ livery and ‘Highrise’ tailfin design will eventually be added to additional aircraft throughout the year. This isn’t the first time the airline has painted its aircraft in a distinct way — in November, JetBlue introduced retro 1960s livery, channeling what designers thought JetBlue’s aircraft would have looked like if the carrier had been around in that decade.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees