This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is celebrating its 17th anniversary with new livery on its Embraer E190, featuring a ‘Blueprint’ design to give a unique x-ray-like view of the 100-seat aircraft. The design team also added in some features you might see when the plane is full of passengers and cargo, as well as a few unique items someone might bring aboard, like a Piñata or French press coffee machine.
According to a press release from JetBlue, the aircraft took two weeks to paint and is one of the carrier’s most intricate livery designs. The newly-decorated jet was unveiled at Boston Logan Airport (BOS) and will be operating on select routes served by the E190.
JetBlue is also honoring its New York City hub with a new tailfin design dubbed ‘Highrise’ that represents the Big Apple’s illuminated skyline. The design itself displays different colored squares on the tail, meant to symbolize the window panes of the city’s high-rise buildings.
Both the ‘Blueprint’ livery and ‘Highrise’ tailfin design will eventually be added to additional aircraft throughout the year. This isn’t the first time the airline has painted its aircraft in a distinct way — in November, JetBlue introduced retro 1960s livery, channeling what designers thought JetBlue’s aircraft would have looked like if the carrier had been around in that decade.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards