This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt has radically changed its loyalty program, phasing out Hyatt Gold Passport and introducing the World of Hyatt, which will launch on March 1. Among the many changes in store are new elite status levels, and Chase is updating the perks of its co-branded credit card accordingly.
We already knew that Hyatt Credit Card members will get complimentary Discoverist status in the new World of Hyatt program, and that those who spend $50,000 or more on the card in a calendar year once the new program launches will get Explorist status. However, Chase just announced that those who spent at least $50,000 on their card in 2016 will also receive automatic Explorist status, through February 2018.
Explorist is a mid-tier status level that comes with the following perks (among others):
- A 20% point bonus on qualifying stays, dining, spa experiences, etc.
- Four Club lounge access awards annually
- Room upgrade upon arrival
This is some nice news for those who put significant spending on their Hyatt card in 2016. While we still wish Chase and Hyatt would offer an option to spend your way to top-tier Globalist status, the upgrade to Explorist is better than nothing. Again, the World of Hyatt program will launch on March 1. Those who can’t spend $50,000 on their card can still achieve Explorist status by staying 30 qualifying nights at a Hyatt property or by earning 50,000 base points.
Will you get Explorist status based on 2016 Hyatt Credit Card spending?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees