This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt has radically changed its loyalty program, phasing out Hyatt Gold Passport and introducing the World of Hyatt, which will launch on March 1. Among the many changes in store are new elite status levels, and Chase is updating the perks of its co-branded credit card accordingly.
We already knew that Hyatt Credit Card members will get complimentary Discoverist status in the new World of Hyatt program, and that those who spend $50,000 or more on the card in a calendar year once the new program launches will get Explorist status. However, Chase just announced that those who spent at least $50,000 on their card in 2016 will also receive automatic Explorist status, through February 2018.
Explorist is a mid-tier status level that comes with the following perks (among others):
- A 20% point bonus on qualifying stays, dining, spa experiences, etc.
- Four Club lounge access awards annually
- Room upgrade upon arrival
This is some nice news for those who put significant spending on their Hyatt card in 2016. While we still wish Chase and Hyatt would offer an option to spend your way to top-tier Globalist status, the upgrade to Explorist is better than nothing. Again, the World of Hyatt program will launch on March 1. Those who can’t spend $50,000 on their card can still achieve Explorist status by staying 30 qualifying nights at a Hyatt property or by earning 50,000 base points.
Will you get Explorist status based on 2016 Hyatt Credit Card spending?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees