Here’s One Way to Stop Your Friends From Being Jealous of Your Travel Adventures
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you travel a lot, you’ve probably got at least one friend back home who always makes it clear how envious they are of your travels — especially after you mention how you did it all for free with points and miles or engage in some mild humblebragging on Instagram.
In order to convince his friends that they weren’t missing out on anything during a recent six-week Australian adventure, 29-year-old Norwegian traveler Lars Fevang took a series of selfies at some of the country’s most popular tourist attractions with a deadpan look on his face. Favang then posted the pictures on the image-sharing website, Imgur, where they became a viral sensation — sarcastic captions paired with his death stare are a pretty hilarious combination. You can view the entire collection here:
Judging by the look on his face, Fevang’s trip to the Great Ocean Road was a hit:
He was seemingly unimpressed with one of Queensland’s most well-known shipwrecks:
Lars… are you going to be okay?
As it turns out, Fevang actually did enjoy his big trip Down Under and never thought the selfies would go viral. “Maybe we have seen enough perfect smiling selfies from people in front of famous tourist spots,” he told The Irish Examiner. “Let’s get grumpy.”
All images courtesy of Lars Fevang via Imgur.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.