Here’s One Way to Stop Your Friends From Being Jealous of Your Travel Adventures
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you travel a lot, you’ve probably got at least one friend back home who always makes it clear how envious they are of your travels — especially after you mention how you did it all for free with points and miles or engage in some mild humblebragging on Instagram.
In order to convince his friends that they weren’t missing out on anything during a recent six-week Australian adventure, 29-year-old Norwegian traveler Lars Fevang took a series of selfies at some of the country’s most popular tourist attractions with a deadpan look on his face. Favang then posted the pictures on the image-sharing website, Imgur, where they became a viral sensation — sarcastic captions paired with his death stare are a pretty hilarious combination. You can view the entire collection here:
Judging by the look on his face, Fevang’s trip to the Great Ocean Road was a hit:
He was seemingly unimpressed with one of Queensland’s most well-known shipwrecks:
Lars… are you going to be okay?
As it turns out, Fevang actually did enjoy his big trip Down Under and never thought the selfies would go viral. “Maybe we have seen enough perfect smiling selfies from people in front of famous tourist spots,” he told The Irish Examiner. “Let’s get grumpy.”
All images courtesy of Lars Fevang via Imgur.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.