This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re planning a trip, there’s tons of research involved. Which hotspots to stop by? What museums to go to? Where to dine? With so much that can be packed into one day while you’re away, it’s easy to lose track of everything you want to see and do.
Enter Google — more specifically, Google Lists.
The purpose of Google Maps’ new feature is to make planning easier by having the ability to save lists of places to go and things to do when you search for them on Google Maps on your Android or iOS device. You can not only track where you want to go, but you can also share your lists with friends.
To make your list with Google Maps:
- Locate a point of interest
- Expand the details of the location
- Click “Save” and create a new list or add it to an existing list
- Scroll through your lists from the “Your Places” and “Saved” menus
Note that this feature is available only on Android and iOS devices. It’s rolling out today (February 14), so it’s possible that not all users will have access to Lists at this point. However, once your mobile app updates, here’s what you can expect it to look like:
Perhaps the best news of all is that you can view your lists offline. Not only is this latest addition from Google making it easy to plan trips, but it’s also making it easier to follow through with your plans once you arrive at your destination.
Have you used Google Maps’ new List feature?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel