This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re planning a trip, there’s tons of research involved. Which hotspots to stop by? What museums to go to? Where to dine? With so much that can be packed into one day while you’re away, it’s easy to lose track of everything you want to see and do.
Enter Google — more specifically, Google Lists.
The purpose of Google Maps’ new feature is to make planning easier by having the ability to save lists of places to go and things to do when you search for them on Google Maps on your Android or iOS device. You can not only track where you want to go, but you can also share your lists with friends.
To make your list with Google Maps:
- Locate a point of interest
- Expand the details of the location
- Click “Save” and create a new list or add it to an existing list
- Scroll through your lists from the “Your Places” and “Saved” menus
Note that this feature is available only on Android and iOS devices. It’s rolling out today (February 14), so it’s possible that not all users will have access to Lists at this point. However, once your mobile app updates, here’s what you can expect it to look like:
Perhaps the best news of all is that you can view your lists offline. Not only is this latest addition from Google making it easy to plan trips, but it’s also making it easier to follow through with your plans once you arrive at your destination.
Have you used Google Maps’ new List feature?
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees