Check Out Emirates’ Brand New A380 Onboard Business-Class Bar
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While still known for sporting some of the industry’s top onboard bling, Emirates has been flying the Airbus A380 for roughly eight years, so the superjumbo is about due for a refresh. And now we have an idea of what to expect from the carrier’s new latest and greatest.
At next month’s ITB travel trade show in Berlin, Emirates will show off some improvements to its wide-body fleet, including the Airbus A380 and Boeing 777. Given today’s fairly quiet unveiling, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more details pop up over the next few days, but we do know that the A380’s onboard bar will be getting a major refresh, starting with a new A380 that’ll begin service in July.
First, here’s a 360-degree view of the current bar:
Emirates President Tim Clark explains the thinking behind the airline’s new common area:
In our latest revamp, we have taken inspiration from private yacht cabins, and amongst other thoughtful touches, we have increased the seating space, and also made it more intimate and conducive for our passengers to socialise or enjoy our lounge service.
The new bar will be a bit larger, with room for 26 passengers, including four in each of two seating areas.
The bar was designed to have an “airier” look, which was accomplished by adding lighter colors throughout.
In addition to the stand-up bar and seating areas, there will also be a 55-inch screen with live TV capabilities.
You can see a bit more of the new bar in Emirates’ short teaser video here:
Emirates is the world’s largest A380 operator, with 93 in its fleet and 49 more on order. The airline currently flies the A380 to 46 cities around the world, including flights from New York to Milan and Dubai, along with Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and San Francisco to Dubai.
For more on Emirates’ current A380 business class, see Flight Review: Emirates (A380) Business Class From Dubai to New York.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.