This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 5/2/17: It’s now possible to reserve your spot at this website.
While the popular New York City restaurant Eleven Madison Park will be closing for the summer to complete renovations at the its Flatiron location, fans of the Michelin Star eatery won’t have to wait until fall to get their hands on EMP’s famed tasting menu. Chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara will be opening a pop-up version in New York’s favorite summer spot — the Hamptons.
The pop-up, called EMP Summer House, will be located in East Hampton and will feature both indoor (inside a farmhouse) and outdoor (under a tent) spaces with a seafood-centric menu.
While reservations will be hard to come by — EMP is also known for being one of the most-requested restaurants by Amex Platinum Card Members through the Platinum Concierge service — it will be particularly difficult for patrons without an American Express card. Thanks to a special partnership, American Express cardholders will have exclusive access to the EMP Summer House, meaning an Amex card is required to make a reservation and will be the only form of accepted credit card payment.
The EMP Summer House will open in late-June and run through early September. Reservations can be made by Amex cardholders starting May 1st. Don’t wait, as we’re expecting this to be one of the hottest tickets in town.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees