This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been thinking about taking a trip to Paris, now’s the time to book. British Airways and OpenSkies are having a fare sale on flights from New York to Paris, made even more appealing by two stackable discounts. Flight are available at scattered times throughout the year, but it might take some clicking around to see which dates are eligible for the discounted fares.
Here are the two stackable discounts you can take advantage of in order to get the lowest possible fare:
- BA’s AARP discount allows you to save $65 off economy fares. To search for these fares, go directly to the BA AARP page.
- If you fly with BA or OpenSkies (not AA) and fly in and out of the same airport, you can save an additional 10% by using the promo code CARDOFFERU. After you’ve selected your flights, click the “Promotion code or eVoucher” button on the next page and enter the code.
By stacking these two discounts, you can book a round-trip flight to Paris for less than $300 — including some flights during the summer. Note that these flights must include a Saturday stay in order to be eligible. Also note that the above steps are only required for flights that are part of the BA/OpenSkies sale between New York and Paris.
The other routes included in this deal can be searched through Google Flights. They vary in date, but tend to fall during the latter part of the year, with scattered dates from August through December. We found fares to Europe from Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), Seattle (SEA) and Miami (MIA) for as little as $372 round-trip.
Airlines: American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies
Routes: BOS, JFK, MIA, SEA to AMS, FCO, MXP, ORY
Cost: $297+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March 2017 – January 2018
Booking Link: BA’s AARP page or Google Flights
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
There are tons of options, but here are just a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Paris (ORY) nonstop for $297 round-trip with OpenSkies in August:
New York (JFK) to Paris (ORY) nonstop for $297 round-trip with OpenSkies in October:
Boston (BOS) to Amsterdam (AMS) with one stop for $397 round-trip with Iberia in September:
Miami (MIA) to Rome (FCO) with one stop for $387 round-trip with AA and Finnair in September:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop for $372 round-trip in October with AA:
New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) with one stop on the return for $384 round-trip with AA and Finnair in October:
Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) with one stop for $412 round-trip with BA and AA in September:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Featured image courtesy of Matteo Colombo via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards