Catch ‘City In The Sky’ Documentary on Airline Operations on PBS Starting Tonight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those who may have missed the three-part BBC documentary series on airport operations around the world, another chance to catch the series begins tonight on your local PBS station. The broadcaster will air the first episode of the acclaimed series “City in the Sky” tonight at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central.
The series focuses on how airports and airlines around the world operate to safely accommodate more than 100,000 commercial flights daily. The first episode focuses on the ground operations required to prepare aircraft for takeoff, while the second episode looks into how in-flight and ground crews keep aircraft safe and on track as they traverse the globe. The final episode focuses on the critical phase of landing, followed by post-arrival operations.
In order to understand the breadth of aviation operations in different parts of the world, the filmmakers followed aircraft to some of the most remote locations. From the world’s coldest airport in Yakutsk to one of the most dangerous airports in the Himalayas, the series covers various aspects of commercial aviation and what it takes to keep carriers flying every single day.
For those who cannot catch the series at its airtime or don’t have a DVR, clips from the series are currently available online through PBS Anywhere.
Featured image courtesy of PBS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees