Catch ‘City In The Sky’ Documentary on Airline Operations on PBS Starting Tonight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those who may have missed the three-part BBC documentary series on airport operations around the world, another chance to catch the series begins tonight on your local PBS station. The broadcaster will air the first episode of the acclaimed series “City in the Sky” tonight at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central.
The series focuses on how airports and airlines around the world operate to safely accommodate more than 100,000 commercial flights daily. The first episode focuses on the ground operations required to prepare aircraft for takeoff, while the second episode looks into how in-flight and ground crews keep aircraft safe and on track as they traverse the globe. The final episode focuses on the critical phase of landing, followed by post-arrival operations.
In order to understand the breadth of aviation operations in different parts of the world, the filmmakers followed aircraft to some of the most remote locations. From the world’s coldest airport in Yakutsk to one of the most dangerous airports in the Himalayas, the series covers various aspects of commercial aviation and what it takes to keep carriers flying every single day.
For those who cannot catch the series at its airtime or don’t have a DVR, clips from the series are currently available online through PBS Anywhere.
Featured image courtesy of PBS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.