India’s Hottest New Restaurant Is on Board a Retired Airbus A320
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These days the in-flight meal service can get pretty swanky when dining in first or business class. It can even parallel (or surpass) a high-end restaurant experience when flying on uber-exclusive products like Etihad’s Residence.
Now, if you happen to be in Northern India and would like to have a memorable meal on a plane without having to actually go anywhere, look no further than the recently-opened Hawai Adda restaurant.
— Sikh Tourism (@sikhtourism) December 16, 2016
Located in Punjab, Hawai Adda (which means ‘airport’ in Hindi) is a hot new vegan restaurant located on board a retired Air India Airbus A320. The restaurant offers a mix of savory meals and sweet bakery items for diners to enjoy. It opened about six weeks ago and seems to be a hit with locals, even having hosted a big New Year’s Eve party about a month ago.
— Suraj Saluja (@SalujaSuraj) January 23, 2017
The conversion from retired passenger jet to trendy eating space took over a year to make sure that the integrity of the original aircraft was preserved. This isn’t the first restaurant to make a bet on the novelty of dining in a stationary airplane — last fall we wrote about another hot restaurant on board a retired Boeing 737 located in Wuhan, China.
(Note: We’ve reached out to the restaurant for interior photos and we’ll update this post if and when we hear back.)
Featured image courtesy of the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.