India’s Hottest New Restaurant Is on Board a Retired Airbus A320
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These days the in-flight meal service can get pretty swanky when dining in first or business class. It can even parallel (or surpass) a high-end restaurant experience when flying on uber-exclusive products like Etihad’s Residence.
Now, if you happen to be in Northern India and would like to have a memorable meal on a plane without having to actually go anywhere, look no further than the recently-opened Hawai Adda restaurant.
— Sikh Tourism (@sikhtourism) December 16, 2016
Located in Punjab, Hawai Adda (which means ‘airport’ in Hindi) is a hot new vegan restaurant located on board a retired Air India Airbus A320. The restaurant offers a mix of savory meals and sweet bakery items for diners to enjoy. It opened about six weeks ago and seems to be a hit with locals, even having hosted a big New Year’s Eve party about a month ago.
— Suraj Saluja (@SalujaSuraj) January 23, 2017
The conversion from retired passenger jet to trendy eating space took over a year to make sure that the integrity of the original aircraft was preserved. This isn’t the first restaurant to make a bet on the novelty of dining in a stationary airplane — last fall we wrote about another hot restaurant on board a retired Boeing 737 located in Wuhan, China.
(Note: We’ve reached out to the restaurant for interior photos and we’ll update this post if and when we hear back.)
Featured image courtesy of the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees