India’s Hottest New Restaurant Is on Board a Retired Airbus A320
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These days the in-flight meal service can get pretty swanky when dining in first or business class. It can even parallel (or surpass) a high-end restaurant experience when flying on uber-exclusive products like Etihad’s Residence.
Now, if you happen to be in Northern India and would like to have a memorable meal on a plane without having to actually go anywhere, look no further than the recently-opened Hawai Adda restaurant.
— Sikh Tourism (@sikhtourism) December 16, 2016
Located in Punjab, Hawai Adda (which means ‘airport’ in Hindi) is a hot new vegan restaurant located on board a retired Air India Airbus A320. The restaurant offers a mix of savory meals and sweet bakery items for diners to enjoy. It opened about six weeks ago and seems to be a hit with locals, even having hosted a big New Year’s Eve party about a month ago.
— Suraj Saluja (@SalujaSuraj) January 23, 2017
The conversion from retired passenger jet to trendy eating space took over a year to make sure that the integrity of the original aircraft was preserved. This isn’t the first restaurant to make a bet on the novelty of dining in a stationary airplane — last fall we wrote about another hot restaurant on board a retired Boeing 737 located in Wuhan, China.
(Note: We’ve reached out to the restaurant for interior photos and we’ll update this post if and when we hear back.)
Featured image courtesy of the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.