6 Outrageous Valentine’s Day Hotel Packages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day goes far beyond traditional teddy bears and chocolate these days. Hotels around the world are turning up the romance factor in some of the most unexpected and over-the-top ways possible — booking the best suite in the house is already a given, but how about booking an entire palace? And for those looking to pop the question, tropical locales have planned some of the most picturesque and memorable ways to propose (let’s just say helicopters are involved). From the Maldives to the middle of a forest in Pennsylvania, here are six of the most outrageous hotel packages on the market this Valentine’s Day.
1. A Bachelorette-Inspired Weekend in Pennsylvania
You don’t have to be on an episode of The Bachelorette to sleep just like her suitors did. The secluded Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Farmington, Pennsylvania, which served as the backdrop for the last two episodes of the reality series’ recent season, has designed a package inspired by the show so fans can now relive the experience right down to the dog sledding and helicopter ride. The Ultimate Bachelorette Package, which starts at $16,500, includes a four-night stay in Chateau Lafayette’s Presidential Suite or its six-bedroom Arden Estates; private butler service; limo transfers (based on availability) a two-hour private photoshoot; a Jeep off-roading adventure; a helicopter ride; couples massage; daily breakfast; dinner for two at the resort’s restaurant, Aqueous and the Cabin at Beaver Creek (when available); and, of course, a dozen red roses and Champagne on arrival.
2. A Palace Rental in Gstaad, Switzerland
If you’d like to see how European royalty live, Gstaad Palace in the Swiss Alps is opening its 97 bedrooms and five restaurants to a couple who wants rent out the entire estate for a two-night stay. For a cool $60,000, you’ll have free reign of the century-old luxury hotel that’s been the host of swanky gala dinners attended by stars like Louis Armstrong and Marlene Dietrich. When it comes to romantic dining options, take your pick, from gourmet rotisserie Le Grill to rustic La Fromagerie, where you can cozy up over a haute pairing of truffle and Champagne cheese fondue with a bottle of bubbly just as decadent.
3. A Harry Winston Proposal in Hawaii
If you’ve been wrestling with a way to finally pop the big question, Harry Winston’s got you covered. The iconic jewelry house has partnered up with Montage Kapalua Bay in Maui to offer the Love is in the Air package for the ultimate fairytale-like proposal experience. Instead of whipping out a diamond while you’re down on one knee at the hotel’s historic Cliff House (while a soloist serenades the two of you), you’ll present an empty Harry Winston box, leaving the design all up to her (or him). The happy couple will then helicopter off (with Champagne, of course) to the neighboring island of Oahu for a private consultation at the House of Harry Winston before spending the rest of their Valentine’s Day getaway back on Maui in the comfort of a Premier Ocean View Penthouse with sweeping views over the Pacific. Rates start at $20,000 for the package, which also includes dinner for two at the resort’s restaurant and daily breakfast, but excludes the Harry Winston ring — that’ll cost you extra.
4. Stargazing — and Naming — in the Maldives
Encircled by a coral reef, the Maldives’ newly-opened resort Milaidhoo, located in the Baa Atoll UNESCO biosphere reserve, is crafting a star-studded Valentine’s Day getaway. While staying at the 50-villa island retreat, couples will have the chance to pick out and name a star from the constellation of their choice — complete with a certificate listing its coordinates — as part of the Star Light, Star Bright Valentine package. Rates start at $1,350 per night and include other romantic indulgences like a couples’ massage and private three-course candlelit dinner on the villa deck with a custom-crafted cake.
5. A Gold-Hued Getaway in Palm Beach
Palm Beach’s 80-room luxury hideaway, The Brazilian Court Hotel, already features upscale amenities in the form of a Fekkai salon and cuisine by esteemed Chef Daniel Boulud, but for Valentine’s Day, the historic 1920s hotel is ramping things up even more. With the $24,000 24k Magic package, couples can indulge in a four-night stay filled with 24k-tinged treatment — think monogrammed gold Champagne flutes; a 24k gold picture frame with a photo by a professional photographer; chef’s table dinner at Café Boulud with gold weaved in to every course; and a $10,000 shopping spree at Cartier’s Worth Avenue boutique.
6. Matching Tattoos in Las Vegas
Saying “I do” is one way to make your love more permanent, but if you want a more physical representation, W Las Vegas has just the package in mind. The 289-room hotel, which opened in December along the north end of the Strip, is offering a package dubbed “For The Love Of…” that starts with luxe airport transfers and includes a “Two Timing” couples’ massage at the AWAY Spa; late check-out; daily in-room breakfast; and the highlight: lovers’ tattoos at Vegas’ Studio 21, known for having some of Sin City’s best tattoo artists. Rates start at $489 per night for stays between February 9-16.
Where will you be spending Valentine’s Day? Tell us about your plans, below.
Featured image courtesy of Milaidhoo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.