6 Outrageous Valentine’s Day Hotel Packages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day goes far beyond traditional teddy bears and chocolate these days. Hotels around the world are turning up the romance factor in some of the most unexpected and over-the-top ways possible — booking the best suite in the house is already a given, but how about booking an entire palace? And for those looking to pop the question, tropical locales have planned some of the most picturesque and memorable ways to propose (let’s just say helicopters are involved). From the Maldives to the middle of a forest in Pennsylvania, here are six of the most outrageous hotel packages on the market this Valentine’s Day.
1. A Bachelorette-Inspired Weekend in Pennsylvania
You don’t have to be on an episode of The Bachelorette to sleep just like her suitors did. The secluded Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Farmington, Pennsylvania, which served as the backdrop for the last two episodes of the reality series’ recent season, has designed a package inspired by the show so fans can now relive the experience right down to the dog sledding and helicopter ride. The Ultimate Bachelorette Package, which starts at $16,500, includes a four-night stay in Chateau Lafayette’s Presidential Suite or its six-bedroom Arden Estates; private butler service; limo transfers (based on availability) a two-hour private photoshoot; a Jeep off-roading adventure; a helicopter ride; couples massage; daily breakfast; dinner for two at the resort’s restaurant, Aqueous and the Cabin at Beaver Creek (when available); and, of course, a dozen red roses and Champagne on arrival.
2. A Palace Rental in Gstaad, Switzerland
If you’d like to see how European royalty live, Gstaad Palace in the Swiss Alps is opening its 97 bedrooms and five restaurants to a couple who wants rent out the entire estate for a two-night stay. For a cool $60,000, you’ll have free reign of the century-old luxury hotel that’s been the host of swanky gala dinners attended by stars like Louis Armstrong and Marlene Dietrich. When it comes to romantic dining options, take your pick, from gourmet rotisserie Le Grill to rustic La Fromagerie, where you can cozy up over a haute pairing of truffle and Champagne cheese fondue with a bottle of bubbly just as decadent.
3. A Harry Winston Proposal in Hawaii
If you’ve been wrestling with a way to finally pop the big question, Harry Winston’s got you covered. The iconic jewelry house has partnered up with Montage Kapalua Bay in Maui to offer the Love is in the Air package for the ultimate fairytale-like proposal experience. Instead of whipping out a diamond while you’re down on one knee at the hotel’s historic Cliff House (while a soloist serenades the two of you), you’ll present an empty Harry Winston box, leaving the design all up to her (or him). The happy couple will then helicopter off (with Champagne, of course) to the neighboring island of Oahu for a private consultation at the House of Harry Winston before spending the rest of their Valentine’s Day getaway back on Maui in the comfort of a Premier Ocean View Penthouse with sweeping views over the Pacific. Rates start at $20,000 for the package, which also includes dinner for two at the resort’s restaurant and daily breakfast, but excludes the Harry Winston ring — that’ll cost you extra.
4. Stargazing — and Naming — in the Maldives
Encircled by a coral reef, the Maldives’ newly-opened resort Milaidhoo, located in the Baa Atoll UNESCO biosphere reserve, is crafting a star-studded Valentine’s Day getaway. While staying at the 50-villa island retreat, couples will have the chance to pick out and name a star from the constellation of their choice — complete with a certificate listing its coordinates — as part of the Star Light, Star Bright Valentine package. Rates start at $1,350 per night and include other romantic indulgences like a couples’ massage and private three-course candlelit dinner on the villa deck with a custom-crafted cake.
5. A Gold-Hued Getaway in Palm Beach
Palm Beach’s 80-room luxury hideaway, The Brazilian Court Hotel, already features upscale amenities in the form of a Fekkai salon and cuisine by esteemed Chef Daniel Boulud, but for Valentine’s Day, the historic 1920s hotel is ramping things up even more. With the $24,000 24k Magic package, couples can indulge in a four-night stay filled with 24k-tinged treatment — think monogrammed gold Champagne flutes; a 24k gold picture frame with a photo by a professional photographer; chef’s table dinner at Café Boulud with gold weaved in to every course; and a $10,000 shopping spree at Cartier’s Worth Avenue boutique.
6. Matching Tattoos in Las Vegas
Saying “I do” is one way to make your love more permanent, but if you want a more physical representation, W Las Vegas has just the package in mind. The 289-room hotel, which opened in December along the north end of the Strip, is offering a package dubbed “For The Love Of…” that starts with luxe airport transfers and includes a “Two Timing” couples’ massage at the AWAY Spa; late check-out; daily in-room breakfast; and the highlight: lovers’ tattoos at Vegas’ Studio 21, known for having some of Sin City’s best tattoo artists. Rates start at $489 per night for stays between February 9-16.
Where will you be spending Valentine’s Day? Tell us about your plans, below.
Featured image courtesy of Milaidhoo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees