Take a Tour of the White House With the Obamas in Virtual Reality
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a big week for the White House. Along with the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue shared a pretty slick virtual-reality property tour with President Obama.
Facebook’s Oculus uploaded the 360° video below, giving you an opportunity to tour the White House via your computer, tablet or smartphone.
The White House is a venue that most all of us are interested in but many of us aren’t able to get to, let alone tour. Back in 2015, TPG went on the very first White House tour that allowed photography — and he enjoyed being able to walk through the same halls that presidents have been down.
But, if you’re never given the opportunity to go on a tour like that, this new VR experience is a great way to see the House for yourself. Plus, the narration from President Obama and the First Lady really help to personalize the experience. You can watch the video on your phone and move your device around to see various spaces from every angle, or watch it from a Gear VR headset, if you have one available.
Check out TPG’s Snapchats from his recent White House tour:
Have you had a chance to tour the White House?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.