Take a Tour of the White House With the Obamas in Virtual Reality
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a big week for the White House. Along with the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue shared a pretty slick virtual-reality property tour with President Obama.
Facebook’s Oculus uploaded the 360° video below, giving you an opportunity to tour the White House via your computer, tablet or smartphone.
The White House is a venue that most all of us are interested in but many of us aren’t able to get to, let alone tour. Back in 2015, TPG went on the very first White House tour that allowed photography — and he enjoyed being able to walk through the same halls that presidents have been down.
But, if you’re never given the opportunity to go on a tour like that, this new VR experience is a great way to see the House for yourself. Plus, the narration from President Obama and the First Lady really help to personalize the experience. You can watch the video on your phone and move your device around to see various spaces from every angle, or watch it from a Gear VR headset, if you have one available.
Check out TPG’s Snapchats from his recent White House tour:
Have you had a chance to tour the White House?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.