United IT Outage Grounding All Domestic Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 1/23/17 12:57am: United has issued a systemwide change fee waiver for travel through January 23, 2017. Details below:
Update 9:10pm: The United domestic ground stop has now been lifted, but it will take some time for planes to get going and flights to get underway. Keep us updated with your experiences either here in the comments or on Facebook and Twitter.
Update 8:15pm: United has just tweeted out a confirmation that all domestic traffic is on hold:
So far the ground stop is confined to domestic traffic, but it’s not clear how or why. The FAA is advising that the next update on the situation is expected at 9:00pm Eastern.
Reports are coming in on social media that United Airlines is experiencing a systemwide IT outage that has grounded all domestic flights. The airline has yet to issue a statement, but passengers are reporting being stuck on planes for over 2 hours thus far.
TPG is actively monitoring the situation and will update the news here as events unfold.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.