Watch the World’s Largest Propeller Plane Create a Sandstorm on a Dirt Runway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Antonov Design Bureau builds big. The airframe manufacturer brought to life the world’s largest airplane, the 6-engine, 32-wheel An-225. It also built the world’s largest turboprop, the An-22. By 2010, however, the Soviet-era oversized cargo hauler had all but disappeared from service until last year, when a single airframe was leased to be reintroduced for cargo missions in Europe, Central Asia and Africa.
In this crazy aviation video, you’ll catch a rather spectacular view of the immense prop plane landing on an unpaved dirt runway at Gao airport (GAQ) in the Republic of Mali to deliver cargo from an undisclosed European location. This particular aircraft has the unique capability of landing (and taking off) on short, unpaved runways that couldn’t handle heavy jets. As the plane touches down, its enormous and heavy propellers create a ‘sandstorm’ on the dusty landing strip. You’re going to want to turn the sound up for this one. . .
Have you ever witnessed this giant aircraft in person?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.