Watch This Three-Story Hotel in Peru Collapse Into the River
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Heavy rains have been hitting the town of Lircay, Peru and its surround hard in the last several days, leading to significant structural damage to a number of buildings in the town. One particularly tragic casualty of the eroding river’s edge was the total collapse of a three-story hotel.
In this crazy travel video, you’ll see the La Hacienda hotel completely collapse into the swelling Sicra river below. The hotel’s location adjacent to the river left it vulnerable to the rising waters, and eventually the foundation completely gave out and the hotel crumbled right into the river rushing by. Luckily, as the situation worsened, the 50-room hotel was evacuated and no one was injured when it crashed into the water.
More crazy travel videos:
- Watch a KLM 747 Blow People Into the Ocean at Maho Beach
- Watch an Icelandair 757 Become a Stunning Display of the Aurora Borealis
- Watch the World’s Largest Propeller Plane Create a Sandstorm on a Dirt Runway
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.