New Destination: Use 4,320 Southwest Points to Fly to Grand Cayman!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Southwest Companion Pass is getting both more tempting and more valuable for those who like to vacation in the Caribbean as Southwest now has another popular destination for sale using dollars or Southwest Rapid Reward points!
Use Southwest Points to Fly to Grand Cayman!
Seats are now for sale from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman for Southwest flights beginning June 4, 2017! Grand Cayman is 100% on my short list of places to hopefully visit with my family soon!
As you probably know, Grand Cayman is home to the iconic crystal blue waters of Seven Mile Beach, as well as several points friendly and/or elite status friendly hotels such as the Westin Grand Cayman, Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, and the new Kimpton Seafire Resort.
Thus far I wasn’t able to get any connecting Southwest flights originating in others cities beyond Fort Lauderdale to work, but you can book ticketsdirectly from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman. I assume that is just a matter of time before you can book flights from other Southwest cities as well.
Prices to Grand Cayman thus far start at about $89 each way or 4,320 Southwest points + taxes/fees from Fort Lauderdale.
I already have Grand Cayman penciled in for a spring break trip in 2018, but I would love a good excuse to get there sooner. Anyone else have Grand Cayman on their wish list – especially now that Southwest will be able to get you there beginning in June 2017?!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
With the Southwest Premier credit card you'll earn 6,000 points each year after your cardmember anniversary. Southwest also offers one of the most lucrative airline perks - the Companion Pass.
- Our best points offer ever! Earn up to 100,000 bonus points. Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open, plus 50,000 more bonus points after spending $12,000 total on purchases in the first 12 months.
- Now enjoy more benefits and more ways to earn.
- 6,000 anniversary points each year.
- New! Earn 3X points on Southwest® purchases.
- New! Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
- New! Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
- New! 2 EarlyBird Check-In® each year.
- All points earned count towards Companion Pass®.