How Long Does it Take to Get a Chase Sapphire Reserve Card?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a long 137 days, my wait to hold my own Chase Sapphire Reserve card is finally over! Okay that is a bit overly dramatic, but I have wanted this card, its 100,000 sign-up bonus points, its 3x earning on travel and dining, its $300 annual travel credit, and more pretty much every day since it first came out last August. I was unable to get it for the first few months after the initial release because I had too many new credit card accounts in the previous 24 months, but thankfully I recently got back under the magic number of five new accounts in the last 24 months and was approved for my own Chase Sapphire Reserve.
I actually got approved just in the nick of time since next week the 100,000 point sign-up bonus will cease being available to online applicants like me and the online sign-up bonus will drop to just 50,000 points. The 100k offer should stick around in Chase branches until March.
Since I had already waited 137 days to get this card, I was anxious to get it in my hands and starting using it as soon as I was approved. Not only do I have plenty of travel and dining charges coming up that I want to maximize at 3x Ultimate Reward points per dollar, but every dollar spent gets me that much closer to the $4,000 needed in the first three months to trigger the 100,000 sign-up bonus points. I know that many of you feel the same way!
I applied and was approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card on a Tuesday, and about 48 hours later had it waiting on my front steps on a Thursday. Without my prompting they had sent it UPS Express so it arrived very quickly.When my husband got the card months ago his came via the same method and timeframe.
Not that it matters terribly to me, but it is the real deal metal card and not one of the temporary plastic ones that they were using for a bit while they had run out of the metal version due to high demand for the card.
The good news is once you are approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card it seems to arrive very quickly, in my case just 48 hours later. We are now already onto hitting the spending requirement and brainstorming how we will spend the 100,000 bonus Ultimate Reward points…
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- Earn 5X total points on air travel and 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3X points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more