This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a long 137 days, my wait to hold my own Chase Sapphire Reserve card is finally over! Okay that is a bit overly dramatic, but I have wanted this card, its 100,000 sign-up bonus points, its 3x earning on travel and dining, its $300 annual travel credit, and more pretty much every day since it first came out last August. I was unable to get it for the first few months after the initial release because I had too many new credit card accounts in the previous 24 months, but thankfully I recently got back under the magic number of five new accounts in the last 24 months and was approved for my own Chase Sapphire Reserve.
I actually got approved just in the nick of time since next week the 100,000 point sign-up bonus will cease being available to online applicants like me and the online sign-up bonus will drop to just 50,000 points. The 100k offer should stick around in Chase branches until March.
Since I had already waited 137 days to get this card, I was anxious to get it in my hands and starting using it as soon as I was approved. Not only do I have plenty of travel and dining charges coming up that I want to maximize at 3x Ultimate Reward points per dollar, but every dollar spent gets me that much closer to the $4,000 needed in the first three months to trigger the 100,000 sign-up bonus points. I know that many of you feel the same way!
I applied and was approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card on a Tuesday, and about 48 hours later had it waiting on my front steps on a Thursday. Without my prompting they had sent it UPS Express so it arrived very quickly.When my husband got the card months ago his came via the same method and timeframe.
Not that it matters terribly to me, but it is the real deal metal card and not one of the temporary plastic ones that they were using for a bit while they had run out of the metal version due to high demand for the card.
The good news is once you are approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card it seems to arrive very quickly, in my case just 48 hours later. We are now already onto hitting the spending requirement and brainstorming how we will spend the 100,000 bonus Ultimate Reward points…
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
This is one of the top premium cards out there since you earn 3x on all travel (excluding $300 travel credit) and dining and have access to great perks like a $300 travel credit each cardmember year, 50% more value when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards and you get elite travel benefits like Global Entry application fee rebate, Priority Pass Select and special rental car privileges.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®